Thanks, Bungalo Bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, Bungalo Bill

Bungalo Bill has really helped me with a couple of suggstions. The first is watching the analysis of Mark P's Backhand. Really well done and my one hander is getting better from reading and rereading this article.
    The second is on watching the ball and saying forehand or backhand as the ball crosses the net. What a differnce this makes!
    It forces one to concentrate on the ball and the next shot. I have found by saying forehand or backhand, I automatically start my unit turn and hit a better shot because of it. Thanks again.
    M

Originally posted by tennisman1
    Bungalo Bill has really helped me with a couple of suggstions. The first is watching the analysis of Mark P's Backhand. Really well done and my one hander is getting better from reading and rereading this article.
    The second is on watching the ball and saying forehand or backhand as the ball crosses the net. What a differnce this makes!
    It forces one to concentrate on the ball and the next shot. I have found by saying forehand or backhand, I automatically start my unit turn and hit a better shot because of it. Thanks again.
    M
    Well this just made my day. When people help each other it makes us all feel right. I appreciate the comments and I am glad that you are progressing in the way you would like. Keep in mind, it is a journey and it takes time to perfect.

Comment

Where you get it???

Comment

Originally posted by Rordilzes
        Where you get it???

Go to the New Issues link, then scroll down to the link called Past Issues. You should be able to find it there.

Comment

OR just go to the Tour Strokes section.

Comment

Thanks too, BB

I used to plant my right foot as I was swinging forward. That netted my bh. Your explanation that this was caused by hitting the ball with the tip of the racket at its lowest point rather than when the racket was rising was very enlightening. Now I plant first!

I read somewhere on this site that on the downswing that Federer brings the racket closer to his body. Is this because he has a vertical take back and is using gravity to let the racket drop so that he can hit on an inside-out arc?

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3656 users online. 5 members and 3651 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X