question for don_budge and bottle ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for don_budge and bottle ...

Another topic ... Rules For Radicals ... what do you guys think and how can that be applied over to player development? I imagine both of you are familiar with it. Yes?

The First Radical Known to Man...

Originally posted by hockeyscout View Post
    Another topic ... Rules For Radicals ... what do you guys think and how can that be applied over to player development? I imagine both of you are familiar with it. Yes?
    ...who rebelled against to the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom...Lucifer.

"Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins — or which is which), the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer."... —SAUL ALINSKY

https://archive.org/stream/RulesForR...icals_djvu.txt

The first I heard of this book was what's his name...Ben Carson making an issue of Saul Alinsky's...the author of the book in question...dedicating this book to "Lucifer". Carson was drawing a link between Hillary Clinton and Satan I believe...which is very believable if you know anything about who this woman really is. Didn't Hillary do a thesis paper about Saul Alinsky's book or was it Oblaba himself.

By the way...on Saturday there is going to be another Wikeleak's release of some secrets that will sort of educate us as to who this creature really is. But I guess I would have to read this book to answer your question. I glanced over this PDF file a bit and it would be premature to comment. What do you think can be applied to player development...hopefully it isn't something Satanic.

http://spectator.org/the-hillary-ali...er-connection/

don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

What a shitload of information. I'd prefer a haiku. But this guy, Alinsky, is good when he quotes FDR as asking people to hold his feet to the fire. Funny that when FDR said it it was okay, not okay when Barack Obama said the exact same thing. And of course nobody held either the patrician white guy of Dutch ancestry or the black guy from Chicago and Hawaii to anything, except maybe the Tea Party obstructionists-- people who would be Loyalists if transported back to the American Revolution.

I don't see what any of this stuff has to do with Donald Trump, who is a faux revolutionary, not a true revolutionary, a guy who hardly has an idea in his head if it doesn't have to do with wrestling and beauty pageants and various ways to rip off poor people. Oh, sorry, I forgot polls. He's Polly Pollster. He really cares about polls. AWWWWKKKKK...Polly wants a poll.

I had to paint the ceiling of a porch in Florida one time in the middle of the summer, a house with a parrot inside that wouldn't shut up. Not only did I get painter's neck but I was driven mad by that squawking parrot's echolalia. Same thing is happening now with the Trump parrot. Has there ever been a person who repeats himself so much?

Comment

Satanic? Yikes.

Maybe we stick to some of the key points.

Anyways, sticking to content. How could this be altered into a tennis version.

A few things that stick out that I like are: "Have-Nots must build power from flesh and blood ... power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have ... make the enemy live up to its own book of rules ... a good tactic is one your people enjoy ... the major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition ... never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem."

Anyways, sticking to content and 13 points.

How could this be altered into a tennis version.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_for_Radicals - 13 rules in a nutshell.
        1. “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood.
        2. “Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone.
        3. “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.
        4. “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.
        5. “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.
        6. “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones.
        7. “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” Don’t become old news.
        8. “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.
        9. “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist.
        10. "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition." It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.
        11. “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog.
        12. “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem.
        13. “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

Last edited by hockeyscout; 08-10-2016, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Light hair, Light brains, Light Weight.

Most of the 13 items apply to chess, too, but I don't think Donald Trump can play chess well. Certainly not as well as Putin or Putin's opponent Kasparov. Impulsive moves don't work in chess, not even in speed-chess, where the moves are quick but based on quick recognition of the situation. Required: Sober assessment from experience in the past combined with extreme carefulness and living in the present and a long attention span.
          Last edited by bottle; 08-19-2016, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7945 users online. 12 members and 7933 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X