Jack Sock's forehand!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Sock's forehand!!

Graphic on tennischannel showed that Jack Sock's RPM of topspin on the forehand is more than Rafa Nadal. His forehand is super wipy, wristy type of swing.. i wonder how he still make good contact with heavy ball. I think we should have some article on his forehand.

fact: He plays with Alu power at approx 38lbs.

It's not pretty and would not be a good model for most human beings. But we did feature it in the Forum a few months ago with much good commentary.

Like Kryios and Roddick before him there is the tip pointing at the opponent. Try it yourself but only if you have a pro level shoulder...Brian Gordon thinks this is an "accelerator" that increase the "flip" effect he and Rick Macci talk about.
    Last edited by johnyandell; 10-26-2016, 12:23 PM.

Comment

The " flip" basically is the Lag during the swing!!! They just use different term to describe the lag with more detail.

Jack, Krgios have a big amount of " flip" is because bend-arm forehand allow them. Plus super relax during the swing is a huge factor allow the wrist to lag behind. Sock's forehand is even more wristy. I'll try to do a hit with this style and give some feedback. Thanks John!!

Comment

Wegner has been saying to point the head of the racket towards the opponent until the last minute...

Comment

Khan,
          Keep your shoulder in one piece!

Comment

No Oscar says to point the racket face not the tip and the opponent to stalk the ball and don't start the preparation til after the bounce. It's a free world but my advice is that basically the opposite of what he says is usually the best idea.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8009 users online. 2 members and 8007 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X