Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• klacr
    replied
    I've heard of Jofre Porta many times but have never seen him. He presents at ITF conferences and such. Interesting read. I love that he demands full attention during practice and not afraid to kick kids out. Something every pro would love to do in the Country Clubs of Boca Raton . Most kids that truly want to be there are willing to do what it takes and follow the rules so I don't presume this is a reoccurring issue at Porta's academy. But for the kids that do not follow the rules, Porta cuts the ties immediately to avoid infecting those willing to give it their all.

Having Carlos Moya and Nadal as two of your young students must have been a real thrill and an incredible experience to watch them develop into the champions they are today. I know Nadal does not have a lot of fans on this forum (and I'd be in that category) but being able to win 14 grand slams takes more than just luck, juice and "gamesmanship". You have to have the right mentality and you have to put your racquet on a lot of balls. A respectable chunk of that brick laying could go to Porta.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    started a topic The Maverick Genius of Mallorca: Jofre Porta

The Maverick Genius of Mallorca: Jofre Porta

Let's discuss Chris Lewit's latest article, "The Maverick Genius of Mallorca: Jofre Porta"

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8101 users online. 0 members and 8101 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X