Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Strokes: "Shroud" Forehand

Would love to hear your thoughts on "Your Strokes: "Shroud" Forehand"

I have always liked 'Your Strokes' as it is a section of the website that deals with the day to day teaching scenarios faced daily by most club pro's.

I have alway taught the neutral stance from the get-go with students. And many times I have taken an experienced player and regressed (or should I say progressed!) them from a semi open or open stance to a neutral stance to fix fundamental issues. So many good things happen by default from using the open stance. It's usually only a temporary measure because good players need the option of a semi open stance too, but going back to the basics of a neutral stance can work an absolute treat with many tennis players, no question. Shroud is good evidence of this himself.

I think there is probably such a thing as a pure ATP backswing but I also think a player can come 'close enough' and it won't make too much difference.

You get many variations too.

Murray's racket tip is often pointing down rather than raised above slightly above the hand at the end of the backswing.

Stotty

Stotty

Comment

As an older teaching pro this article and the months emphasis is right on for me. I especially liked getting the feel by setting up and extending with eyes closed. It lets everyone no matter their style visualize for them selves what you are saying and what they think they are doing.

Comment

Smart move by Shroud to take John up on the offer. The improvement in his stroke is obvious. The technical adjustments made make it visually obvious, but mentally, the real difference is seeing yourself on video and it scares you straight. All players struggle with these elements at some point in their development, glad we have a resource like tennis player.net to help us and our students.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
        Boca Raton

Comment

hehe, just came here from the talk tennis forum, and have hit with shroud in person... really nice change, huge improvement.

Comment

Thank you sir.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3854 users online. 2 members and 3852 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X