Trigger Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trigger Points

I find trigger point massage very helpful treating sport injuries. Anybody else use trigger point massage on themselves?

Phil I rely on it! Not so much for injuries but for chronic tension especially in my legs. Getting one Thurs. Can't wait for the pain...

Comment

Never heard of it. What's it supposed to do?

Stotty
      Stotty

Comment

Works on well known points in body that get knotted up. Get on a roller and where it hurts most that's probably a trigger point. Releasing them is way more effective than just rubbing your muscles.

Comment

Stotty, here is a nice explanation: https://youtu.be/sltGyJvbvWw

Comment

Thanks Phil. It seems then I have plenty of trigger points. I have painful nodules everywhere.

I spoke to an orthopaedic surgeon a while back who told me tennis players are very often the least flexible of athletes because we spend much of our time with our legs and arms in a dynamic position i.e. bent. The antidote to this is to stretch our tendons and muscles far more through doing stretching exercises when we are not playing. Of course, because most of us don't do this, it means we are constantly stiff and tight. It's hugely advantageous to be stretchy like Djokovic on a tennis court. I wonder how many points he has won through his outstanding flexibility.

Stotty

Stotty

Comment

This is the best book I ever found on trigger points: https://www.amazon.com/Trigger-Point...DNXEHD4N5PK63Z
              It really helps, I do it on myself!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8347 users online. 3 members and 8344 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X