Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training Methodology - the Armageddon System.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Methodology - the Armageddon System.

Last edited by hockeyscout; 02-12-2018, 05:39 PM.

Video # 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZrG...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by hockeyscout; 02-12-2018, 05:39 PM.

Comment

I don't hate it. I think its interesting and adaptable. Love the agility and balance. Enjoy the zorb ball in the pool. More than just hitting a ball. Thats the fun and easy part. But then again, the suffering and pain during training is fun for me as well. Bring on Fedor

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
      Boca Raton

Comment

Looks cool. It makes sense that if you can run and stay balanced in that ball it will make you stronger and more balanced on court.

Comment

The Russian's passed Canada hockey in the late 1960's, and 1970's on a technical basis. The majority of there coaches were not hockey men - they were appointed by the central Russian authorities from the basketball, figure skating and soccer ranks. As such, they saw the game in a much different manner when they studied the tapes of the NHL. The main focus for them was never on the hands, or the stick. It was all about off-ice work, and creating a properly functional athlete who understood how to play the game. Tennis coaching is all about finding a series of solutions to common problems EVERY player is faces. How we're going about it is like the Russian's went about hockey - in a way no one else is even thinking about right now. And, yes, its VERY hard. I can't say there is a lot of "suffering and pain" in our training sessions - I'm quit focused on teaching both my kids how to move properly from day one (they don't have a great propensity for this by the way), and when you enjoy moving properly everything becomes fun and painless (especially, if the athletes you work with have magical rotator cuffs like yours klacr).

But, as the Russian's figured out there is one problem to all of this and it was learned the hard way in 1972. They didn't win against the Canadians, even though they were more bigger, stronger, mobile, practiced more, studied - understood better methodology and talented. The Canadian pro's killed them spiritually, mentally and physically. The Canadian players believed they had a right to win, and hockey was there birth-right. If you look at the Russian's they played the sport, but, if they lost they lost. They were balanced human beings in that sense who played chess, were pretty, intelligent, well read, overschooled to death, fishermen, hunters, family men to the core, ect. Can't say the Canadian kids were - they were hockey players, boozer hounds, divorced five times and willing to do very "unsportsmanlike" things to win like hacking Kharlamov's ankles until they broke them so he could not play. My two daughters are okay players, but, I wonder how they are going to do against the kids who have the physchology of a typical dumb-ass player on the pro tour who has never gone to school, and are rocks away from the tennis court. The Nadal's, Navratolova and Williams - they are nasty and ruthless. 10splayer had a point now that I think about it. Anyways, tennis will give them a lot of tools in the toolbox, so, whatever happens happens.

Comment

Last edited by hockeyscout; 02-12-2018, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyscout View Post
              Tennis is a game of energy and balance.

don_budge
              Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
                  Looks cool. It makes sense that if you can run and stay balanced in that ball it will make you stronger and more balanced on court.
                  Yes, John, I think you are right.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9245 users online. 8 members and 9237 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                  X