Federer live practice video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federer live practice video

As many of you probably know, Roger filmed a practice session this morning as a present for his fans. He was mic'd and made comments throughout. There's a practice session video and a Q&A video afterwards. Pretty interesting stuff if you missed it.

This link will probably only work today, then you'll have to search Twitter or Periscope.
    Watch live broadcasts about Sporting Green on Periscope.

I just see a girl with big breasts on this link bdole (and, I like) ... but, maybe you have another link?

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyscout View Post
      I just see a girl with big breasts on this link bdole (and, I like) ... but, maybe you have another link?
      Click the Sporting Green on Periscope link and scroll down slightly. It's not far.

I found the agility drills particularly interesting. Coincidentally, I had just been reading that ladder and cone drills by themselves do not have the transfer to sport they are thought to have since they are preset movement patterns. Drills that are random, usually requiring a partner, are more transferable. This random type of drill makes up the majority of Federer's pre-hitting warmup.

Comment

"Guest" above is me.

Comment

I'd rather watch this guy practice than watch the finals of the Tour Championships with Djokovic and Murray. Where did you see the girl with the big breasts?
          don_budge
          Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Click the Sporting Green on Periscope link and scroll down slightly. It's not far.

I found the agility drills particularly interesting. Coincidentally, I had just been reading that ladder and cone drills by themselves do not have the transfer to sport they are thought to have since they are preset movement patterns. Drills that are random, usually requiring a partner, are more transferable. This random type of drill makes up the majority of Federer's pre-hitting warmup.
            Found it. Interesting. Looks like his rehab is going okay.

The warmup was so bad, and he's not focused at all. One the sprints he's just throwing his body around at the start, and tuning into what he is doing two steps into it and finishing rather nicely. I'd never allow an athlete to have his joint angles when getting activated, and the work is rather simple for my liking. Chances are he's showing us what he wants to show us, because thats not a professional grade activation at all. The guy working with him probably isn't of the calibre that should be with a world number one, but, Roger has been with the guy for twenty years and is comfortable with the guy.

The taskaway from this is real simple - the guy hates to practice. Dislikes the hand-feeds with passion, and drills, but, when it comes time to play he steps it up to a whole new level. In big points, again, you see more out of him. When I watched him in practice and do the activations, it was "oh-oh".

Then the match started and everything went to world class level in a split second.

Just a whole new player when it comes time to play an compete, thats for sure.

There is a real good baseball movie ... for love of the game ... what makes that movie so interesting is how the pitcher is always communicating with himself, talking, thinking everything through all the time.
            Last edited by hockeyscout; 12-22-2016, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Roger, Such a great guy. Says thank you to parking attendants/ security (even those windows were up), always pleasant, truly loves tennis as you can tell by his constant smile. Intensity was good in the moment. Just a pleasure.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
              Boca Raton

Comment

Roger asking himself the Existential Questions...To Be or not To Be

Originally posted by klacr View Post
                Roger, Such a great guy. Says thank you to parking attendants/ security (even those windows were up), always pleasant, truly loves tennis as you can tell by his constant smile. Intensity was good in the moment. Just a pleasure.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                Boca Raton
                Everyone puts their pants on one leg at a time. He's human...or is he? Every so often God seems to create one that is a cut above the rest. Roger says thank you to someone at the end of this practice session. He manages to make Lucas Pouille feel like some sort of rock star...just practicing with the "Once and Future King". There is only one "Living Proof" in my teaching paradigm. It's a personally revealing session. We catch a glimpse of Ivan Lubicic as the new "coach" as well. Roger discusses whether or not to serve and volley...it's a conversation he is having with himself.

Thirty-four years old...with about a hundred years of miles on the old body. The parts are starting to wear thin in spots. There is only x-amount of cartilage in between the joints. All of these guys learn in the end...except perhaps John McEnroe. Maybe Federer will be the same. The perfect technique...saving and minimizing the wear and tear. McEnroe's technique was flawless as well. His tactics saved a lot of wear and tear too. He wanted to end points...not drag them on and on into eternity.

Roger is some kind of personality. He is going through his warm up paces. It probably hurts in certain parts of his body. He's just working himself into the mood to once more go and take up the sword and do battle. It's only practice but he is the real thing. Once he is between those lines the magic takes hold of him. The game is coming to him all of the time...he cannot resist. It's deeply etched in his DNA now. An integral part of him.

God Bless him. Once the ball is in play and they start to play points he is trying to convince himself this means something. This must be the road back to Wimbledon he is saying to himself. It's a mental game or is it spiritual at this point? He's looking into his soul trying to find the answer. A reason to believe. Is it worth it? All of the pain and the hard work? He is such an amazing tennis player compared to the rest of the lot in the modern game. His roots are in the classic game even though he came along to late. He alone of all of the modern players could transition to the wooden racquet. He played in a watered down era...what a shame. It's great to catch even a glimpse of him though. There hasn't been anything worth writing about since he went into hibernation for the winter. Nothing but the "Next Generation". Next to nothing.

One more thing about Roger. Notice that even in warmup...he steps into every single one of the forehands. My kind of guy.

Last edited by don_budge; 12-23-2016, 01:28 AM.
                don_budge

Comment

Roger...soon to be back "In the House"

It isn't the same game without him. He'll be back for a spell. We've seen what the game will be like without him.

Roger Federer feels “rejuvenated” after being off the tennis tour the last six months. He is ready to return and believes he can win an 18th major.
                  don_budge

Comment

Here on Youtube https://youtu.be/PEneF7SV6Qk

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8350 users online. 3 members and 8347 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                    X