Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

String tension for copoly: What do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the original question, I've tried dozens of combinations and prefer most polys at 47/45. This seems to be the natural elongation of this string material. Any looser and it feels like a plastic flyswatter. Any tighter and it feels like a board.

A few other notables:
    -I find poly never works in a head size <95 (too stiff).
    -It never works in an 18x20 frame (too stiff).
    -It only works in 18 gauge (<1.20mm), otherwise it's too stiff. The thin gauge isn't a problem because poly rarely breaks, it just dies and then feels like a flyswatter.
    -I get around 2 weeks of play (3 sessions/week) before the poly dies.
    -I use RacquetTune as well, and find the string is dead when it has lost 15-20% of its original tension. Don't forget to measure the string factor of every new string size/type so that RacquetTune can accurately measure the tension.

Comment

"Guest" above is me.

Comment

Thanks bdole...

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
          To the original question, I've tried dozens of combinations and prefer most polys at 47/45. This seems to be the natural elongation of this string material. Any looser and it feels like a plastic flyswatter. Any tighter and it feels like a board.

A few other notables:
          -I find poly never works in a head size <95 (too stiff).
          -It never works in an 18x20 frame (too stiff).
          -It only works in 18 gauge (<1.20mm), otherwise it's too stiff. The thin gauge isn't a problem because poly rarely breaks, it just dies and then feels like a flyswatter.
          -I get around 2 weeks of play (3 sessions/week) before the poly dies.
          -I use RacquetTune as well, and find the string is dead when it has lost 15-20% of its original tension. Don't forget to measure the string factor of every new string size/type so that RacquetTune can accurately measure the tension.
          RacquetTune works like a charm.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2880 users online. 4 members and 2876 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X