Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnyandell
    replied
    The substance here is progressive development.

Leave a comment:

• bottle
    replied
    Whatever I am, you need to be whacked again and again and again. Sort of like the church lady in the Flannery O'Connor story who has to be brought back to life again so that she can be exterminated again and again and again. I am opposed however to capital if not capitol punishment. What's mainly wrong with you is that you are always drawn to the periphery of every subject and never to the core. I'm not kidding. Usually, there is substance. But you are never interested in that.
    Last edited by bottle; 01-11-2017, 06:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by 10splayer View Post

Happened to me too. And I certainly dont want some innocent "guest" to be whacked by Bottle.
    Are you saying that it is possible to get whacked by a whack job?

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    replied
    Yeah just make sure you are logged in. If Bottle can do it so can we all.

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    replied
    Yeah good point. Knowing and doing are separate. I've certainly watched a lot of lessons where little if anything happened. I make it part of my own coaching practice--the kinds of drills in the articles. Gifted players implement by image and feel. They do naturally what most people have to work to develop.

Leave a comment:

• 10splayer
    replied
    Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
    Can someone tell me how I became a Guest in the post above? I have seen it happen to others recently but this is the first time it has happened to me?

Stotty
    Happened to me too. And I certainly dont want some innocent "guest" to be whacked by Bottle.

Leave a comment:

• stotty
    replied
    Can someone tell me how I became a Guest in the post above? I have seen it happen to others recently but this is the first time it has happened to me?

Stotty

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by dipperhitter View Post
    I know players just love reading technical analysis..but .implementation...in my humble opinion a different story...it's great to be inspired and fantasize and another thing to put in the work. Question: what per centage of students actually do? And since top players don't read your articles--sorry--how is it they implement?
    I think one of the challenges we face as we learn more about tennis through high speed is how to teach the new things we discover. Gifted players often get there on their own, but not always, sometimes they could do with some help too. Now and again we see gifted players held back by technical flaws just like the rest of us.

Research done over here across a range of sports showed imagery and fantasying featured heavily with many top sportsman. Steve Redgrave, winner of five gold medals in rowing, fantasised about winning all the time. It's good to imagine yourself winning and overcoming unimaginable obstacles. It puts you in good stead mentally. It was also interesting how many sportsman were honest about their fantasying. Honesty, as being honest with yourself, features heavily also featured heavily with top sportsman. Family and good organisation were also highlighted as being very important. A disorganised family will rarely, if ever, produce a world-class athlete.

Stotty

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    replied
    Yeah good point. Knowing and doing are separate. I've certainly watched a lot of lessons where little if anything happened. I make it part of my own coaching practice--the kinds of drills in the articles. Gifted players implement by image and feel. They do naturally what most people have to work to develop.

Leave a comment:

• dipperhitter
    replied
    I know players just love reading technical analysis..but .implementation...in my humble opinion a different story...it's great to be inspired and fantasize and another thing to put in the work. Question: what per centage of students actually do? And since top players don't read your articles--sorry--how is it they implement?

Leave a comment:

• A New Teaching System: Forehand Progressive Development

Would love to discuss my latest, "A New Teaching System: Forehand Progressive Development"

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7770 users online. 4 members and 7766 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X