Music Video Ana Ivanovic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Video Ana Ivanovic

I picked this music video for the classic "lesson" this month not because I was really a fan or will miss her to be honest. But I think it shows a really interesting point. The first sequence in the video shows the young Ana--happy joyful. Like she can't wait to hit the next ball. And then the footage from the subsequent year shows something else: that annoying overly excited left arm pump she developed and did thousands of times.

It's easy to say and easy to point out in the footage but jesus her attitude early in her career seems to me what tennis should be all about. That's shy I repeated it in the video at the end from a different angle. Maybe her lack of latter success is related to the tension we see in the later footage? What do you guys think??
    Last edited by johnyandell; 01-04-2017, 04:36 PM.

I suppose we can make a final assessment, since she announced her retirement eight days ago. I agree that the cheerful and somewhat coltish Anna was a joy to watch. Her 2008 French Open was a peak. She grew stronger after a slump, putting in some very good performances in 2013 and 14, but her personality had changed. My own view is that she'd developed back six or eight years ago a much more consuming social life. No surprise. She did seem to struggle, working hard to find a winning game again, but now layered upon a life full of distractions and other...passions. I appreciate what she did give to us in the earlier years.

Comment

I miss her already. <3 <3. Most glaring hole in her resume is never getting to meet me. What could have been.

In all seriousness, Ivanovic one of few women on tour that had close to the atp style forehand. She could whip that thing from all areas of the court. Her serve was always a bugaboo, or should I say her toss. The happiness seemed to have gone from her game, perhaps crushed by the pressure of what could have been.

From what I hear from the players and media, she was one of the nicest girls on tour. And thats important. Good luck to her in her career.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
      Boca Raton

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7723 users online. 8 members and 7715 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X