Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The importance of being on time ...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/brentbes.../#61d3aab4d422

Thoughts? Basics, this is where real coaching starts. It's important coaches and parents set the example. Your players will mirror, great old school basics.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

My biggest pet peeve is when people are late to a practice, a coach is late to a lesson or clinic, it infuriates me to no end.

Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

The timing of this is spot on. I had a pro show up late this morning, same time as the student, and did not plan to set up court prior to lesson or prepare the teaching baskets. After a "come to jesus" meeting with him, I am confident he understands the importance. But just to further explain the importance of it I will make sure my entire staff reads this article.

Punctuality speaks volumes. Its a sign of respect, professionalism and most importantly, pride. Pride in what you do and pride in what you represent. Where there is no pride there is no quality.

I could write a 10,000 word essay on its importance but I will spare all of you. I think you know where I stand.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

As the adage goes, "timeliness is next to godliness". Being late says "my time is more important than your time".

Comment

Thanks guys - I got my oldest one reading this information, and we are doing a lot of instruction in regards to this so every bit helps.

Comment

I am 10 minutes early to almost everything. It drives some people crazy. I had a lesson today that was 15 minutes late, I charged them for that time, I was there 10 minutes early to set up!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8417 users online. 9 members and 8408 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X