Fed up with ZOO-UKraine ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fed up with ZOO-UKraine ...

Maybe time to make the move out of here me thinks!

Looking for: (a) high end competition (lots of tournaments), (b) good year round weather and (c) readily available public courts.

Any thoughts and advice?

I was thinking maybe Spain, Montreal, Prague, Florida and California. Anything, anywhere, whatever -- it don't matter.
    Last edited by hockeyscout; 03-02-2017, 12:48 PM.

All those places sound nice and all have pros and cons. Spain, especially Mallorca seem nice. Montreal and Prague it can get pretty damn cold but great culture and very beautiful. Florida and California is #1 on everyone's list for a reason.
    You asked this same question on this forum several years back as well.
    My opinion: if you are smart, successful and hungry, anywhere will work as you will make it fruitful. Just get out of Ukraine for the safety and benefit of your family. Good luck.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

It's really not unsafe in Ukraine. In the far east there is war ... but the west is normal. Kiev is generally the safest city I have ever lived in. There were demonstrations a few years ago, but, everything was confined to about about 10 city blocks in the center and never extended beyond that area. If anything happens in Kiev, it happens right in the center, and that is it. All is generally not as it appears. I would live in Kiev right now any day of the week over Germany and France.
      Last edited by hockeyscout; 03-03-2017, 09:35 PM.

Comment

i'd vote for Californis or Florida as well.

Then perhaps Mallorca. Moya and Nadal have centers there.

if you are thinking for your daughter, the US produces the most top WTA players.
        Last edited by gzhpcu; 03-04-2017, 12:31 AM.

Comment

That's interesting - did not know the USA produces the most WTA players.

She's to young for Nadal's deal as they only take twelve year olds. So, we are two years away from there. Quit a few people mentioned that one.

I've pretty much made up my mind I will take her to don_budge first in Sweden and get him on the court 1-1 with her. I understand Steve can still play a bit, so, it will be interesting to see how he can expose her weaknesses. Steve will know the score after 5-10 minutes I am sure.

It helps that he had Krickstein at a young age, and, I have been asking him a lot of questions as of late about Dr. Krickstein's developmental model, and how a lot of patience is needed to develop things properly. Its been interesting.

Last edited by hockeyscout; 03-05-2017, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8187 users online. 4 members and 8183 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X