Andy Murray in black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Murray in black

I wonder why the guy always dresses in black like Darth Vader. Black shirt,shorts, socks and shoes. (And underwear, I presume...).

Aah, yes, and black sport ankle braces... almost forgot...

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
      I wonder why the guy always dresses in black like Darth Vader. Black shirt,shorts, socks and shoes. (And underwear, I presume...).
      My wife, being an Italian, notices these things. She finds Murray the worst dressed player on the tour, no style whatsoever. I think it was don_budge who once called him 'the farmer's boy'. He certainly has the look of a farmer's boy.. Stick a bit of straw in his hair and put a hoe in his hand and he wouldn't look out of place tilling the land for sure.
      Stotty

Comment

Hey black is THE fashion color. Farmers don't wear black.

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
          Hey black is THE fashion color. Farmers don't wear black.
          Yeah, well, maybe Murray's a fashionable farmer starting a new trend.
          Stotty

Comment

Sure. Fashionable farmers unite.

Comment

My Wife...The Who (1971)

Originally posted by stotty View Post
              My wife, being an Italian, notices these things. She finds Murray the worst dressed player on the tour, no style whatsoever. I think it was don_budge who once called him 'the farmer's boy'. He certainly has the look of a farmer's boy.. Stick a bit of straw in his hair and put a hoe in his hand and he wouldn't look out of place tilling the land for sure.
              Yeah...my wife also has a bone to pick with the current number one in the world professional tennis player. I don't remember calling him "the farmer's boy" and as a result of my ability to totally recall everything said or written I cannot take credit for that. But on the other hand if you take all that I have written of Sir Andy Murray you may as well come up with something like that. My wife...who like Stotty's wife...has an incredible ability to cut to the quick. To get to the heart of the matter...as long as it isn't too complicated. Typical woman intellect...although I have to say she is the nuts and bolts for our "farmer's existence" out here on the "horse farm".

Murray isn't always dressed always in black but he may as well be. This guy is as drab as they come. His choice of clothes and his fashion statement is just appalling and it is fitting that he always wears a stupid baseball cap as well. The only positive thing to say about this oaf is he doesn't wear it backwards. That isn't saying much either.

It's a sign though. This business about Sir Andy Murray ascending to the top of the heap. Novak Djokovic was bad enough. Boring enough. But I have to admit that Murray certainly takes the cake in the boredom department. He's basically a one-dimensional player. It shows up in his wardrobe. His behavior is just the pits...the pits of the world. This is what professional tennis has "evolved" to. Never in a million years would this have happened without the engineering. What you have on top of the heap now is a robot. His name is Andy. He's the best robot of the bunch. Where are the artists? Where is the beauty? The sublime? The style and grace? What about class?

My Wife...The Who (1971)

My life's in jeopardy
              Murdered in cold blood is what I'm gonna be
              I ain't been home since Friday night
              And now my wife is coming after me

Give me police protection
              Gonna buy a gun so
              I can look after number one
              Give me a bodyguard
              A black belt Judo expert with a machine gun

Gonna buy a tank and an aeroplane
              When she catches up with me
              Won't be no time to explain
              She thinks I've been with another woman
              And that's enough to send her half insane
              Gonna buy a fast car
              Put on my lead boots
              And take a long, long drive
              I may end up spending all my money
              But I'll still be alive

All I did was have a bit too much to drink
              And I picked the wrong precinct
              Got picked up by the law
              And now I ain't got time to think

Gonna buy a tank and an aeroplane
              When she catches up with me
              Won't be no time to explain
              She thinks I've been with another woman
              And that's enough to send her half insane
              Gonna buy a fast car
              Put on my lead boots
              And take a long, long drive
              I may end up spending all my money
              But I'll still be alive

And I'm oh so tired of running
              Gonna lay down on the floor
              I gotta rest some time so
              I can get to run some more

She's comin'!
              She's comin'!

Last edited by don_budge; 03-05-2017, 10:47 AM.
              don_budge
              Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

That's kind of what happens when you have a real domineering mother!

Its a big issue, you get a dad or mom with a big domineering personality and the kids are big pussies.

I've seen so many guys who are just studs, and their kids end up being absolute fucking duds.

Andy is a bit of a dud, but, give him credit, he found a way to win while being his own man.

He ain't like his mama, that is for sure and I think the boy was purposeful about that one.

You gotta be so careful as a parent with kids - I know I am a hell of a competitor, but, a parent like me needs to realize that competitiveness evolves on its own over a fourty three year period of time. I always watch ex-NHL hockey players, and its funny how they sit in the far corner seats. I remember I went to a facility to tennis practice one time a few years back, and we were using the eighth court and sitting behind in the back on court eight was a lone dad chewing tobacco. I swore I knew him, and we knew each other, he was a Russian who played Junior in my hometown and then went to the NHL. His daughter was playing on court one, and he was hiding on my court eight. We had a good laugh, the two of us about him hiding out.

I see parents at tennis - hockey, whatever sport, and they are blue chip hardened competitors. More-so, than any coach in fact! I respect what a lot of them have done in the sport of business or the sport of scholastics. What they don't get is there is nothing they can do to make their kids like them - hardened competitors who will tear you to shreds in tennis.

The most you can do - set a good example, work you ass off and hope your kids make good decisions.

I watched this movie, and its good.

I'd recommend parents watch it.

The kid in the movie is Andy Murray.

But, in the end it turned out okay.

He is what he is! And, he has done okay. If he had Judy's spirit I think he may have been a much better player. But, he has not done to bad I think. Mama did a good job getting him to Ivan Lendl. That's the sign of a good parent sometimes, get your young one in an optimal situation when you see it. Lendl was smart - I understand he had a lot of chats with mama and knew what he was getting into!
                Last edited by hockeyscout; 03-05-2017, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8417 users online. 9 members and 8408 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                X