Interesting article on Fed backhand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roger Federer versus Anybody...Andy Murray and The Match for Africa

As I have been saying...Roger Federer versus anybody is the match I will watch above all others. In fact...I will go nearly so far to say that if Roger is not involved I will have a hard time watching. Here we have an exhibition match with Andy Murray who is perhaps the most boring number one player in the world...ever. But Roger manages to make it worth watching. His exhibition skills are beyond compare.

It may have been an exhibition but Roger really let Andy know who is boss here. He won 6-3, 7-6...but it isn't the score necessarily. It's a mental thing that is read between the lines. It looks as if Andy is on a string in this exhibition and it is Federer who is getting a lot of overhead practice. Even the fortified Federer backhand is on display and he is using it really effectively. It will be fun to watch Murray and Federer duke it out for real. Too bad Federer is sticking to his plan to not play until the French Open. He says it is about staying healthy but after watching this exhibition it doesn't make much sense.

He looks perfectly healthy and he doesn't appear to be any worse for wear after winning Indian Wells and the Miami Open back to back. He's had some rest and he looks fit to fight. I can understand his measuring his steps up until Wimbledon but come on...this is extreme.
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

"The fortified Federer backhand." There it is, in four carefully chosen words.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7980 users online. 7 members and 7973 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X