serve placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serve placement

assuming same type serve ie. flat center /wide, slice, center/wide, topspin center/ wide or body location, do most players subtlelly change there feet to line up different or do they change toss location slightly or raquet face angle to the ball? i am told my serve mechanics are ok for a 3 year player but i have trouble placing my serve . duece up the t goes to the body more often and wide serve goes to the power spot for my opponent and not enough up the line. on the ad side up the t is my most consistent serve but tough to go wide enough to th backhand side(righthander)
    Last edited by llll; 08-30-2006, 09:37 AM. Reason: spell check

At pro level I think that they change the racquet path and face angle to change the type of serve. I don't think they make visible changes like feet position or the toss because they don't want to show you what is coming.
    Sampras was a great server (the best) because he had almost the same mechanic for every type of serve. He kept the other player always guessing about his serve.
    About your serve, it's all about practice. I always had a powerful serve. Now I can control the placement much better. With less pace and more control I'm getting better results.

Best regards,

JK

Comment

There may be slight adjustments in these other factors like stance and toss--Federer has some small stance differences in the deuce and ad courts--but fundamentally it's the swing and the ball position. That's what players should strive to master.

If your toss is too far to the right or in front you'll be limited--same if it's too far right or behind. If the swing is too much left to right, then....well, you get the point.

In Tour Strokes I'd recommend reading the Sampras Serve articel.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 10417 users online. 7 members and 10410 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X