Agassi match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agassi match

Agassi v. baghdatis greatest match of all time? Why did Agassi have so much trouble in the 4th set?

It's very hard to say which one is the greatest game of all time. Agassi's match was a gret game more for the "Andre's last tournament" than tennis quality. It was a very good game. That's all.
    In my opinion (by the way, I'm not an expert), the Australian Open final match between Agassi and Rafter was one of the best games of Andre.
    Does anybody remember quarterfinals game Sampras/Agassi in 2001? Four tiebreakers!! The Masters final at Hamburg, Becker vs. Sampras, simply great tennis.
    Regarding the 4th set, I think that Agassi relaxed a little (he's human after all) and Bagdathis improved his game.
    I'd love seeing Andre winning the US Open final. Grad finale a'la Sampras.

Best regards.
    JK

Comment

They are going to have to give AA a back transplant over the weekend for that to happen, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell
        They are going to have to give AA a back transplant over the weekend for that to happen, unfortunately.
        The forecast in NY is announcing rain this weekend. This could be good for Agassi. About the next match against Becker, I think that 23.000 fans cheering for Andre could be too much for a guy who never reached the top 100. Fourth round, sadly, could be the end for Agassi. Roddick is playing good tennis (80% of his top) and Verdasco plays so good in hard courts. I remember Verdasco beating Roddick in Key Biscayne in straight sets with his huge forehand.
        By the way, he could be an interesting player to see in video in the stroke archive.

Regards,

JK

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8197 users online. 6 members and 8191 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X