Clear All

• johnyandell
    replied
    Thanks DB I am making an effort!

Leave a comment:

• don_budge
    replied
    Originally posted by don_budge View Post
    Fundamentally sound and fundamentally correct (FC). One must adhere to a paradigm when teaching. A philosophy. Fundamentals taught correctly teaches a game for a lifetime. Should a player wish to "evolve" into modern technique it is not a problem if there foundation is built upon sound fundamentals.

There are many take-aways in your video...excellent examples of the classic backhand slice with Ken Rosewall and Don Budge. Teaching cues. Super analysis regarding the follow through and how it is relative to mitigating factors.

All in all...another excellent issue of tennisplayer.net. Consistency is the hallmark of great tennis players and of tennis publications also. Month in month out one rarely sees a drop-off here on tennisplayer.net...if at all.
    This quote from May 10, 2017. The comment regards tennisplayer.net consistency still stands. Keep up the great work. Another excellent series and all the rest.

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    replied
    Not really. The ball stops basically dead when it pockets in the strings. It doesn't continue to spin in the same direction until that is imparting by the strings. Go look at the ball racket interactions in the high speed archives if you are interested.

Leave a comment:

• denpen
    replied
    He talks about de-rotating the incoming topspin shot but if you are slicing an incoming topspin, you are adding to the spin not reversing it

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    replied
    DB,
    Thanks for noticing! I try.

Leave a comment:

• don_budge
    replied
    Fundamentally sound and fundamentally correct (FC). One must adhere to a paradigm when teaching. A philosophy. Fundamentals taught correctly teaches a game for a lifetime. Should a player wish to "evolve" into modern technique it is not a problem if there foundation is built upon sound fundamentals.

There are many take-aways in your video...excellent examples of the classic backhand slice with Ken Rosewall and Don Budge. Teaching cues. Super analysis regarding the follow through and how it is relative to mitigating factors.

All in all...another excellent issue of tennisplayer.net. Consistency is the hallmark of great tennis players and of tennis publications also. Month in month out one rarely sees a drop-off here on tennisplayer.net...if at all.

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    replied
    If there is movement in the wrist, definitely a consequence...

Leave a comment:

• kenh
    replied
    Very good piece John. The pictures clearly showed the differences and good explanation why. The only other thing you might have brought up is the differences in wrist motion with the classic staying locked and the newer having (at least as it appears to me) some movement in the wrist going little finger to forearm side (sorry I can't remember the term for that). A question about the wrist movement. Is it intentional to stick the ball more or is it as a result of the drastic high to low motion and momentum of the racquet head in the newer swing pattern? Thanks
    Last edited by kenh; 05-09-2017, 09:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ultimate Fundamentals: The One Handed Backhand Slice

Would love to discuss my latest, "Ultimate Fundamentals: The One Handed Backhand Slice

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 5429 users online. 2 members and 5427 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X