Don't no where to start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't no where to start

Thier is so much information on this site that I don't no where to start. Last year I was playing tennis but my technique was really stuffed up and I was not having any fun playing. I am not playing this summer season this year becuase had such a bad year last year and it really put me off playing. But the technical side of tennis really interests me. For example when you get your backhand technique right and it feels good. I am not happy with tennis in Australia and don't think its geting promoted. No clay courts for example. And if you have no one to hit with and don't play in a club you are stuffed. So I might just have coaching becuase I enjoy hitting the ball and developing technique. Anyone in Australia no how to get a hit of tennis if you don't play for a club.

Well, the Advanced Tennis articles are always good...You can also search by stroke or topic. You'll figure it out I'm sure... Welcome to the site!

Comment

I have a great throwing arm and can hit the ball really fast. So I want to develop my server because this plays a big part in tennis.

Comment

Well you 've got a lot of options when it comes to serve articles--look around and enjoy.

Comment

Dam tennis is complicated.

Comment

Had coaching today and the coach did tell me some bad habits like for example toss the ball more in front to get more speed on serve. I thought this was right myself till reading the federer serer article. He did give me some good pointers on my backhand about keeping the arm tucked into the body and steping into the court. But he never told me to split step I am surprized. I will probally just have a few lessons with this guy. Anyone on this fourm live in Adeliade, Australia
            leyton hewitt's home.

Comment

So when tossing the ball on the serve their is no need to toss the ball over the back of the head to create spin or throw the ball more out in front to create more of a flat serve. Their is no need to worry about how far in front to toss the ball the left arm going up and releasing the ball will create the distance for u?

Comment

I wouldn't quite put it that way. What you want is basically one ball position to hit all the first serves, and then one slightly further to the left for the second serves.

Comment

The ball toss distance in front of the body on first and secound serve is the same? And when starting to practice my serve sould I start with full nee bend?

Comment

Ok I was practicing by myself today serving. And I could not get the ball toss in the same place every time.

Problems with my serve today:
                    Hitch in server at trophy position.
                    I think nee bend might have been little late.
                    Tossing ball to low sometimes.
                    Ball toss going over left to much.
                    Ball toss in different place every time.
                    Droping head down.

Good Points about todays serving practice.
                    No shoulder pain.
                    Good pop.
                    Good pronation of the raquet.

The higher toss worked wonders even with the hitch at trophy position still got good pop but serve was uncontrollable. Next time I was keep in mind toss has to be higher than you think.
                    Last edited by marty; 09-25-2006, 09:01 PM.

Comment

What I was trying to say about the ball toss was that when you release the ball it will be the same distance from the body for the whole time in the air.

Comment

Not necessarily. It travels on an arc from your right to your left and slightly away from your body. It's a good question, but the distance at contact is probably about the same. 2nd serve might be a little closer, but it should definitely be at the edge of the plane of the torso.

As for the knee bend you want to develop a motion with the knee bend that you will actually use as that affects the rhythm and timing.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9440 users online. 6 members and 9434 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                        X