Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The One Handed Backhand: Movement

Let's discuss John Craig's article "The One Handed Backhand: Movement"

Great video! It all starts on the ground. Getting the movement right. I really like the idea of wider and wider. I am going to try to see if it helps my daughter with her timing on the one handed which she can at times hit off her back foot.

BTW, I ran into Peter Lundgren at the US Mens Clay court a few years back and asked him about Federer as a junior. I remember him telling me that at 15 (I think I remember the age correctly but it could have been 14) he could only slice and had terrible volleys.

So I asked what he worked on with him. Guess what it was?

Footwork. He told me that they worked on footwork a lot so that he could get into the right position for the one handed backhand.

As you can see in the video it seemed to have worked...

Comment

Originally posted by arturohernandez View Post
      Great video! It all starts on the ground. Getting the movement right. I really like the idea of wider and wider. I am going to try to see if it helps my daughter with her timing on the one handed which she can at times hit off her back foot.

BTW, I ran into Peter Lundgren at the US Mens Clay court a few years back and asked him about Federer as a junior. I remember him telling me that at 15 (I think I remember the age correctly but it could have been 14) he could only slice and had terrible volleys.

So I asked what he worked on with him. Guess what it was?

Footwork. He told me that they worked on footwork a lot so that he could get into the right position for the one handed backhand.

As you can see in the video it seemed to have worked...
      Hi Arturo,
      Thanks for the nice comments on the video! John

Comment

I like this video, and the thoughts offered, the premise of which, is that one (if they can) should lead with the foot closet's to the ball. I been preaching about this for years. Fed's "footwork" is awesome because he rarely has to use a gravity step to initiate movement. His "step out" range is phenomenal,

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8004 users online. 2 members and 8002 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X