Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stotty
    replied
    I like this drill because a lot of kids struggle with the footwork on a wide ball. The often do it incorrectly or in a not so efficient way.

Good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• klacr
    replied
    The lateral hop is used as a "Building the point" move. I find that I use this, like all the other moves that David Bailey covers, unconsciously. My body adapts, adjusts and I set up properly. I don't give it too much thought, it just happens. But its good to see the explanation. I first saw Mr. Bailey's work when I first subscribed to tennisplayer.net. It was the first time it made me conscious of what I was doing and more importantly, what my opponents and students were doing.

For me, I use the lateral hop if I get a shorter ball and I attempt to open up the court with an extreme angle. Usually against a player I spy as having a weakness in movement to keep them off balance. But most balls if given time any time to set I prefer to step in and crack it down the line with the "front foot hop"/"step step rip" pattern.

Anyone else recognize or find themselves or students using these footwork moves on a regular basis? Before reading these articles were you ever conscious of your footwork patterns?

Kyle LaCroix
    Boca Raton

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    started a topic Third Golden Move: The Lateral Hop

Third Golden Move: The Lateral Hop

Let's get your thoughts on David Bailey's article, "Third Golden Move: The Lateral Hop"

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8030 users online. 9 members and 8021 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X