No announcement yet.

Interactive Forum September 2017: Mischa Zverev Forehand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To increase the consistency on the forehand side, Mischa should address the ball with his racquet further in front of his body, wrist out and make a more deliberate, rounded small loop take back.

Comment

Great discussion! Yes, his forehand is a limitation and if a pro were to build up from scratch, I am sure they would try to correct it with a lot exercises. I can only imagine what Lansdorp would do with Mischa. There is an additional upside to Mischa's funky form. Sascha's lack of funky form. It's funny but the cleaner strokes of the younger sibling remind me of Venus and Serena. I am sure there are other factors playing here. But Serena has a much more cleaned up set of strokes. Her serve especially is a serious upgrade relative to Venus.

It makes me think that both Serena and Sascha got instruction a little earlier because of the attention that Venus and Mischa created.

Younger siblings tend to be faster too.

In any case, Mischa makes his strokes work. But, yes, if we could do something to figure out why he hits late and do it much earlier in his development he would most likely have a much better forehand.

Maybe that is what they did with the younger Sascha and why he has such upside.

BTW, the same thing happened with my three kids. The oldest had a really ugly forehand. The middle one was nicer but still had a small flaw that makes him late and makes him shank a lot.

The youngest has the nicest forehand of all three. I made sure she was compact and clean. We drilled the basics of the form really early on.

Sometimes ugliness produces beauty, even if the beneficiary is someone else.

Another unintentional consequence.

Comment

What a tale! Both of my much younger brothers have cleaner strokes than I, but on the other hand I'm still working on it and they aren't.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7962 users online. 5 members and 7957 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X