• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like how Goran thinks.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

Not to mention the playsight accuracy problems...

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
        What a great response and excellent comments.
        Massive admiration to tennis_chiro for his commitment to his students. That kind of effort and thoughtfulness is testimony to the greatness of his commitment.

This discussion reminds me of how much fun I have had analyzing and commenting on different video that has been contributed by members. Those are the discussions that have really been of great training and exercising of my coaching thoughts and philosophy. I imagine that some of the students received a lot of helpful instruction as a result. klacr's own contribution went a bit viral when he posted his strokes.

Interesting thread. It gives me pause for thought regarding the relative benefits of video and coaching. I'll bet if I was part of a bigger and more ambitious organization than the small, modest program I am involved with I might be more enthusiastic about video usage.

As I reread Don's post it really impressed me with his emphasis on video usage.

don_budge
        Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post

Massive admiration to tennis_chiro for his commitment to his students. That kind of effort and thoughtfulness is testimony to the greatness of his commitment.

This discussion reminds me of how much fun I have had analyzing and commenting on different video that has been contributed by members. Those are the discussions that have really been of great training and exercising of my coaching thoughts and philosophy. I imagine that some of the students received a lot of helpful instruction as a result. klacr's own contribution went a bit viral when he posted his strokes.

Interesting thread. It gives me pause for thought regarding the relative benefits of video and coaching. I'll bet if I was part of a bigger and more ambitious organization than the small, modest program I am involved with I might be more enthusiastic about video usage.

As I reread Don's post it really impressed me with his emphasis on video usage.
          Yes tennis_chiro is an incredibly good coach in every sense. He's given the forum a lot. The videos of the kids he's taught, illustrating his coaching methods are terrific. I have learned a lot from tennis_chiro.
          Stotty

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. Sometimes it feels like this forum is the only place I get any respect. I wish I could get just a couple of more students as interested in what I have to say. I'm lucky if I give 3 lessons a week. I'd like to be doing 8 to 10. I've learned so much from the discussion of ideas in the articles here on the sight and certainly in the discussions on this forum as well. It's fun to be part of a discussion group that encircles the globe.

don

Comment

Sadly, just like in many other professions, few have a real passion for what they are doing...

Comment

Originally posted by tennis_chiro View Post
                Thanks for the kind words. Sometimes it feels like this forum is the only place I get any respect. I wish I could get just a couple of more students as interested in what I have to say. I'm lucky if I give 3 lessons a week. I'd like to be doing 8 to 10. I've learned so much from the discussion of ideas in the articles here on the sight and certainly in the discussions on this forum as well. It's fun to be part of a discussion group that encircles the globe.

don
                Lots of respect to you Don. Your insights always receive respect and elicit quality replies. Don't let the number of students get you down. It's the quality of students, not the quantity. They are the ones that understand why you do what you do and they will be better for it.

Video analysis is crucial to help players better understand the checkpoints and the visual cues. Both the player and the coach need to be willing participants. Often times myself or another coach have gone through the process of video analysis with a student, only for them to mock or completely disagree with what the video shows, not just in technique, but also in the fact that it is a different player on the video entirely. I'm not kidding.

It takes a special type of coach to be willing to go through the process of video analysis, it also takes special type of student to want it as well. Kudos to coaches like John, Don and stotty for doing it. Kudos to gzhpcu and others for yearning for improvement as students.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                Boca Raton

Comment

Originally posted by tennis_chiro View Post

don
                  Don unless you are living in a poverty region there is a serious problem with your coaching if you only have 3 lessons a week...

I would audit what you are doing

Comment

Wtf?

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8754 users online. 1 members and 8753 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                    X