ATP 500's...Unwatchable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATP 500's...Unwatchable

China Open...Beijing, China and Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships...Tokyo, Japan...ATP 500's

I didn't watch any of these to ATP 500 events as Roger Federer was not playing in either. The reason being that it is not that I am a "fan" of Roger Federer but I know that any match being played by any other competitors is not worth watching. It will be as boring as watching paint dry. Grass grow.

I did tune in for about five minutes of the Chinese final. The first game of the Nadal/Kyrgios final. Kyrgios was already in full Kyrgios form...complaining about something or other. He had that look about him...it was over before it started.

The men's professional tour is in for a very rude awakening. This is a calm before the storm.
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

I was also surprised by Kyrgios lack of strategy besides hitting the ball really big. There was no use of the whole court. He didn't attack the net at all. I mean you have Nadal standing way back.

He didn't have to attack every ball. But come in at least half the time. Just to change things up.

He would hit a big shot and then sit back there and watch Nadal spin it back in and reset the point.

I know he is going to get passed. But so did Sampras. He would win less than 60% of his net points against Agassi.

Yes, poly strings, blah, blah.

But come in and try do something.

Like Thiem, he just sat back there and hit big shots and figured that was enough.

Even Nadal knows when to come in and end the point.

Take me back to the 90's please!

Or as Don Budge suggested. Just wait for Federer to show up.

It's like a trip back to the 90's...

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8810 users online. 1 members and 8809 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X