No announcement yet.

2017 Shanghai Rolex Masters...ATP 1000...Shanghai, China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can take unwavering. And you have every right to your opinions.

I was just hoping you could see that there is something appealing to him. Even in the perceived ugliness of his game on your part.

All of these things go in waves. I suspect that someone will have to take a risk and play differently.

Playing like everyone else is not a guarantee these days.

Look at Mischa Zvererv. Some kid will just roll the dice and play the classic game...

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post

"Never change a winning game...always change a losing game."
      NCAWG and ACALG.

Comment

Too Interesting

I have to breach any rule I've self-imposed and jump in.

The one time I witnessed an actual stampede I was in Virginia. The stampede took down a rail from the porch of the slave quarters that I called home, an artist's studio in an artist colony.

It was a terrifying experience. Not just the noise. The black man who was trying unsuccessfully to stop the stampede burst into the slave quarters and demanded that I hit him with a rolled up newspaper.

I did. I hit him on every inch of his body, up and down. Hundreds of dead yellow jackets came dropping out of the legs of his trousers and sleeves of his shirt.

He survived and was grateful. Best late night party a couple weeks later I ever attended. Those women could dance which made me dance better than usual.

But the cattle, and here is my point with which even Temple Grandin would agree. They were running in the right direction. The bees were back there, behind.

So I don't think "the herd" always runs in the wrong direction. And that anyone should necessarily run in some different direction. One should run toward the truth. Period.

Are we talking about Trump yet? I hope so. It's high time that EVERYBODY did.

If, as don_budge apocalyptically says, mankind will go down, he and I will or rather would assign The Great Fall to different causes.

don_budge: the rise of science and bad tennis rackets.

bottle: poor decision-making by all the personnel managers in the world who encouraged and abetted the rise of Trump.

Not that I think the herd is running against Trump despite the steady stream of articles I keep posting here. They are not mere resistance to him as claimed. They are a reflection of true minds and illuminate different facets of Trump's sorry-ass existence.

And I am rather bemused by Steve Bannon saying Trump only has a 30 per cent chance of surviving his first term. But agree with Michael Moore to watch out, the horrible election could recur if someone doesn't grab a hammer and a silver spike and...

Easy there, FBI, calm down. It is a way of speaking, just fanciful allusion to Bram Stoker.

But I'm telling you, reader, if I were one of the original encouragers of Trump in this website, I would feel mighty embarrassed just about right now.

If not that-- if I didn't possess that very human capacity-- I at least would ground myself for a week from my role as seer and personnel manager-- for having made such a common mistake so typical of personnel managers the world over.
        Last edited by bottle; 10-20-2017, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bottle View Post
          Too Interesting

If, as don_budge apocalyptically says, mankind will go down, he and I will or rather would assign The Great Fall to different causes.

don_budge: the rise of science and bad tennis rackets.
          Let me just reiterate one small detail. bottle...you are the biggest asshole that I have ever met in my life. I mean that. Sincerely.

I was having this discussion with "The Ugly American" the past few days. But you have neglected feminism. Atheism. Man has effectively divorced himself from nature in nearly every fundamental aspect of his life. This is the apocalypse. Have you missed something? Donald Trump isn't responsible for the mess we are in. He just got to the party. What about the preceding 24 years of Clinton/Bush/Obama? You are the strangest and weirdest individual though. The way you twist other's words. All because you see yourself to be superior intellectually when in reality you are just another idiot that can spell. Plus you even know your possessive splits. Your ability to annoy is fantastic. I am sure your ex would agree with this.

But you have found the level of existence that you deserve. It's great that you achieved this so late in life. I am happy for you in this regard. Do try the self feed on the Southfield Freeway at rush hour. Hit a couple of literary bam bams into oncoming traffic just before you become a bug on a windshield.

The conversation was about Rafael Nadal you idiot. You are really suffering from TDS...Trump Derangement Syndrome. Aren't you? Remember what I said in the beginning...your vote doesn't count. Do you really think that Hillary Clinton would have been better? You really are an idiot aren't you? You definitely are a hater though. You are a teacher of the word hate. I don't think that I have ever truly hated anyone in my life...before you. Now I truly understand what the word means. If there were to be a civil war I would definitely set my sights on you. Asshole. Demon.

don_budge
          Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Are we talking about Trump yet? I hope so. It's high time that EVERYBODY did.

bottle: poor decision-making by all the personnel managers in the world who encouraged and abetted the rise of Trump.

Not that I think the herd is running against Trump despite the steady stream of articles I keep posting here. They are not mere resistance to him as claimed. They are a reflection of true minds and illuminate different facets of Trump's sorry-ass existence.

Easy there, FBI, calm down. It is a way of speaking, just fanciful allusion to Bram Stoker.
            A perfect example of bottle the bigot. The worst kind of bigot in existence. The pseudo-intellectual bigot. Speaking of sorry-ass existence...take a look in the mirror.
            don_budge

Comment

Originally posted by arturohernandez View Post
              I can take unwavering. And you have every right to your opinions.
              It was another scintillating performance by the "Swiss Maestro" in the finals. That makes five victories in a row over his nemesis. The antithesis. I think this one is as important as any other. He keeps reinforcing the fact that since the equipment change he has been the superior player. All things being equal now. Why the hell did he handicap himself all those years...all those matches. The fact that this comes so late in his career is testimony to the fact that Roger Federer is indeed "The Living Proof" of my teaching paradigm.

don_budge

Comment

I don't think don_budge has a right to his opinions. No one has a right to such stupid opinions. I didn't feel intellectually superior to him until right now. My God, he's even to the right of Ann Coulter! And Steve Bannon! Trumpster right to the end of the world!

Comment

A perfect example of bottle the bigot. The worst kind of bigot in existence. The pseudo-intellectual bigot. Speaking of sorry-ass existence...take a look in the mirror.
                  Bad editing there. You left out the context of the allusion to Bram Stoker. You have an inferior intelligence, Mr. Middle School.

Comment

It was another scintillating performance by the "Swiss Maestro" in the finals. That makes five victories in a row over his nemesis. The antithesis. I think this one is as important as any other. He keeps reinforcing the fact that since the equipment change he has been the superior player. All things being equal now. Why the hell did he handicap himself all those years...all those matches. The fact that this comes so late in his career is testimony to the fact that Roger Federer is indeed "The Living Proof" of my teaching paradigm.

It was a good performance.

His most important win for me was the Australian Open. Those last five games were the biggest five games of Roger's career. The toilet break was critical in that triumph. Had he lost that match then today it would only be four victories and very likely maybe no victories at all.

Roger has gone from the doldrums to the stratosphere with that big racket; that backhand was always there.

He is still 0-4 down in slams to Novak since using that big bat though and he needs to rectify that at the first opportunity. He's muzzled Rafa. Can he muzzle Novak in the same way?

Stotty

Comment

Bad editing there. You left out the context of the allusion to Bram Stoker. You have an inferior intelligence, Mr. Middle School.
                      Truly, I can't tell the difference between don_budge and my seventh graders. They won't listen to anything. One school where I taught last week had to bring in a drill sergeant-- at great expense-- a real one. And they did it just before I got there, so don't blame me for inability to handle a class. Everything seems to be about discipline, little about substance. Heart-breaking to many, especially to the good students in the room who are trying to concentrate.

I ask the kids to pick up the balls of paper they have strewn on the floor. They don't do it. Mr. Crocker, the drill sergeant asks them to do it in the exact same words. Each kid picks up ten.

That one's for you, don_budge. You need a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
                        It was a good performance.

His most important win for me was the Australian Open. Those last five games were the biggest five games of Roger's career. The toilet break was critical in that triumph. Had he lost that match then today it would only be four victories and very likely maybe no victories at all.

Roger has gone from the doldrums to the stratosphere with that big racket; that backhand was always there.

He is still 0-4 down in slams to Novak since using that big bat though and he needs to rectify that at the first opportunity. He's muzzled Rafa. Can he muzzle Novak in the same way?
                        You cannot begin to quantify the importance of the 2017 Australian Open to Roger Federer's career. The match against Rafael Nadal was the crowning glory of two weeks of supreme triumph against the odds. After not playing in a sanctioned tournament since the 2016 Wimbledon where he lost in the semifinals against Milos Raonic, Federer came back to hammer the competition in back to back to back scintillating matches.

With supreme attention to preparation and drawing upon all of his experience for the past how many years he beat in succession...Jurgen Meltzer, Noah Rubin, Tomas Berdych in straight sets, Kei Nishikori in five sets, Mischa Zverev in straight sets, Stan Wawrinka in five sets before finally pinning the ears back on the Spanish jackass in five sets. Nadal raised the level of his nonsense to a new level when he challenged Federer matching winning shot and with his ode to himself in the finals acceptance speech.

That win over Nadal propelled Roger on the way to another unlikely win at Wimbledon as he marches to the end game.

don_budge

Comment

[QUOTE=don_budge;n66592]

You cannot begin to quantify the importance of the 2017 Australian Open to Roger Federer's career. The match against Rafael Nadal was the crowning glory of two weeks of supreme triumph against the odds. After not playing in a sanctioned tournament since the 2016 Wimbledon where he lost in the semifinals against Milos Raonic, Federer came back to hammer the competition in back to back to back scintillating matches.

With supreme attention to preparation and drawing upon all of his experience for the past how many years he beat in succession...Jurgen Meltzer, Noah Rubin, Tomas Berdych in straight sets, Kei Nishikori in five sets, Mischa Zverev in straight sets, Stan Wawrinka in five sets before finally pinning the ears back on the Spanish jackass in five sets. Nadal raised the level of his nonsense to a new level when he challenged Federer matching winning shot and with his ode to himself in the finals acceptance speech.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_A...en%27s_Singles

That win over Nadal propelled Roger on the way to another unlikely win at Wimbledon as he marches to the end game.

That was a massive win for Fed on some many fronts. Just by the numbers, it gave him a 18-14 edge(at that time) over Nadal on their Grand Slam tallies. 17-15 edge to Fed, should he had lost, massive difference. Of course, since then, it is now 19-16 for Fed. And Nadal could very well have a couple more FO's in him.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8722 users online. 5 members and 8717 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                          X