Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DavidBailey
    replied
    Hi Shaun, yes back in 1998, and remember meeting Mary Pierce who said to me once...."you know for 1 hr a day when hitting balls all I like to think about is my feet" and it kind of went from there

Leave a comment:

• DavidBailey
    replied
    Hi Seano,
    I think the biggest thing is using contact moves that work for each individual player..but more so ...how many different ways you can categorize the moves.....originally it was round the athletic skills, then different footwork zones ( where the ball lands), then around the tactical intentions like offensive, rally, defense, then dimensions of play (which moves enable you to hit heavy, with disguise, slice, hit angles, take early, approach the net etc, then put them into playbooks like neutralizing, building, take control, hurt then finish and then categorizing and finally the moves into 3 or 2 or 1 star moves for that individual player ......but in the end I realize all these ways of explaining and teaching the contact moves all have there different merits and add variety to lessons ....so they are all good, and all fun to teach in their own way

Leave a comment:

• teachestennis
    replied
    Originally posted by DavidBailey View Post
    Hi Shaun, The Two Foot Pivot if more of a Rally Move

obviously this is a just a observation because with all the moves it is about experimenting and using contact moves that work for you ...every player is different
    Just good to see your work getting it's due here. You introduced it back in 2005, right?

Leave a comment:

• seano
    replied
    David Bailey -

Thank you for your series on "The 12 Golden Moves", it's incredibly informative, I love your work. After years of perfecting your research, what are some insights that you now understand better than maybe you did when you first developed the original contact moves?

Sean
    Last edited by seano; 11-06-2017, 07:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DavidBailey
    replied
    Hi Shaun, The Two Foot Pivot if more of a Rally Move and I like to teach it too be hit as a shot hit back through the middle...... as usually it is a ball coming at the body and hit off more of an open stance. The low spin is hit off more of a semi-open stance, and a bit wider so the elbow is further away from the body which enables you to be more elevated on the shot and thus hit with more power and also disguise....thus it can be hit either cross court or down the line. This makes it more attacking but also a higher risk shot because the hips do come off the ground after contact.In my research the 2 foot pivot and low spin are used more in the women game and the lateral hop and 1 foot pivot used more in the mens game as men to like to hit with a lot more spin .....obviously this is a just a observation because with all the moves it is about experimenting and using contact moves that work for you ...every player is different

Leave a comment:

• shaun_frazeur
    replied
    What is the major difference in application of the Low Spin and Two Foot Pivot?

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    started a topic Eighth Golden Move: Two Foot Pivot

Eighth Golden Move: Two Foot Pivot

Let's discuss David Bailey's article, "Eighth Golden Move: Two Foot Pivot"

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8069 users online. 0 members and 8069 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X