Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evan,

Sorry to misquote your thoughts.

I'm glad your realize that alot of factors will contribute to the improvement.

I just didn't want you to be dissapointed.

Yes, use of hip extension seems to be (from my experiments) one of the most important movements in getting racket speed in all strokes, the serve included.

So experiment with getting more of an explosive extension of your right hip and if you can figure it out you will get closer to optimizing your ball speed.

I'm currently working on a device that kids will wear to help them feel this move more easily as it is so critical to ball speed.

Best Wishes,
    Eric

Comment

John, have you fixed the browser yet?

Evan

Comment

Originally posted by EricMatuszewski
        Yes, use of hip extension seems to be (from my experiments) one of the most important movements in getting racket speed in all strokes, the serve included.
        Can you explain what the hip extension is and can it be used on groundstrokes?

Comment

BTW: another factor in consistency seems to be a high toss. Hitting the ball as it drops, as opposed to hitting it almost at the dead point at the top of the toss, adds some extra topspin to the serve, which result in a large window of tolerance in getting the serve in. Even just 5-6 revs more before the ball hits the court apparently makes a difference.

Comment

So are you going to change the hitch at trophy postion?

Comment

Here is an interesting study of Pete Sampras and his racket head speed:

Sampras Serve

As you can see, the initial movement is very slow up to the trophy position, after which acceleration occurs.

Comment

Do they have a video of that court level shot?

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2429 users online. 12 members and 2417 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                X