Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• benjamin
    replied
    Golden moves is the greatest ...... I add recovering a little different, either recover to same side, just this side of center ... or recover to wide side , midway between center & sideline ... maybe alternate

Leave a comment:

• stotty
    replied
    We all take away new and different things from Tennisplayer articles. For me, in this clip, it's the encouragement of the kickback.

I have been using all these 12 moves in my coaching and recently ran a couple of footwork masterclasses with my better juniors. I find running specific masterclasses really makes kids pay attention that bit more. A couple of the kids do some of these footwork moves quite naturally, whereas others have to learn them. I find there is huge benefit in learning these wide ball moves.

It's interesting that the kids who do many of the moves naturally are avid watchers of tennis, whereas other children, who would rather play not watch, tend not to be so good at the footwork moves. It goes to show there may be great merit in just watching good players on TV. Perhaps kids are subconsciously learning?

Anyway the series has been terrific and of huge benefit to coaches such as myself.

Thanks, David!

Leave a comment:

• jthb1021
    replied
    I love these "Golden Move" articles and the detail in which David breaks them down so quickly but very thoroughly. A big take away for me in teaching this move would be the emphasis on the drop step in the first move both to begin this running shot and then again in the recovery. The first move is make or break for this shot!

Leave a comment:

• seano
    replied
    Important move, the ability to minimize recovery steps is crucial. I've been teaching this move since David came out with his initial contact moves. Like the addition of a possible bounce step on an even more difficult shot.

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    started a topic Twelfth Golden Move: The Power Move

Twelfth Golden Move: The Power Move

Let's discuss David Bailey's article, "Twelfth Golden Move: The Power Move"

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8014 users online. 5 members and 8009 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X