Comming back to tennis after like forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comming back to tennis after like forever

- Hey, hope everyone is ok... So im just started to play tennis again after a few years using a friends racquet. I'm using a 335g when is unstrug (11.8oz), 98in head size,1 1/3" Hl Balance, 18mm beam and a 27 in length Head Speed Pro, says on the borther L5 swing style with 16/19 string pattern... The BIG ISSUE is that i dont feel comfortable with it, i think it is too heavy as i get tired after playing an hour or so. I'm an one handed backhand player and i kinda need a new racquet. Im trying to aim for this, correct me if im wrong but sound like some reasonable numbers. Be my guess to bring your oppinion. Keep in mind that im not gonna spend 200+ on a racquet yet. Thank you all for your time.

NOTES:
    weigth : 300-320g,
    Balance 5-12pts Headlight,
    string pattern 16×19
    Head Size:: 95-100

If any of you think that I should aim for lower or different numbers, please tell me.

Do not forget string tension. I use Babolat RPM Blast 1.25mm with about 23 kilos tension. If the balance of the racket is not good, you can work with lead weights. Good luck.

Comment

Try the Yonex Duel G 310. The is the slightly lighter version of Wawrinka's racquet. Weight the handle the length of bevels 3 and 7. For a little extra weight you can use a leather replacement grip and an overgrip and you're good to go. If eventually you feel like you want more weight you can put it in the head but this racquet is very stable without it. It's also very maneuverable. I personally string it at 48/46 with a hybrid setup and in all my years as a player and a teaching pro I've never used anything better. The latest iteration of the Duel G, the V Pro 97 is also worth a try...

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7910 users online. 4 members and 7906 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X