Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am open to it.

Comment

I seem to remember we had a female poster years ago call LadyPro. Does anyone remember her?
      Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
        absolutely zero compassion for poor little old martina. It's a job. She knows the terms. She knows the score. If she doesn't like it she is free to take her services to the highest bidder. Mcenroe is sliding in my eyes as well. But he doesn't have much to work with these days. The tennis is really dreadful. The only thing that makes any of it interesting is roger federer. As a commentator mcenroe is becoming more and more an apologist for the shit he is trying to dress up. He's no rebel any longer...he's a suck up just like all of the rest.

I watched the last federer versus del potro match without commentary. Just turn the sound off. Commentating on a women's match should be one of the highest paying jobs in the world. I cannot imagine the stress or pressure of trying to find something to say during the duration of one of those matches. The equal pay for men and women playing tennis is debatable. I really find it difficult to find an argument for it.

This conversation is getting tiring. The victims...the oppressed. Put them in the same draw from now on. Let's eliminate the differences in the sexes altogether. Dog eat dog. Right martina? This isn't about sexism. It's about rich people getting richer. Personally i don't care how much she makes and even less about how much mcenroe makes.

More feminist propaganda...lurking just beneath the veneer of the story. It's everywhere now. It is a war on men...there can be no doubt about it. Masculist versus feminist. That's ok. It used to be that the battle of the sexes was never won because of too much fraternisation with the enemy. Just imagine what the future holds. It's hard to.
        Pompous! Humorless! Boring! Why should anyone care when sein Steve goes on like this?

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
          I seem to remember we had a female poster years ago call LadyPro. Does anyone remember her?
          I remember her as a kind person with a poetic turn of mind. But she flew the coop? Why not with a bunch of Adolf Navarros around, always so ready to tell other people how to think.

Comment

Real Men Don't Wear Pink...don_budge

Originally posted by stroke View Post
            I am sure the Hillary Pants Suit Brigade will be with Martina on this grave injustice
            This is a stroke of genius. I laughed out loud when I read it. Hillary Pants Suit Brigade. This hysterical piece of work who would be President. What did the Queen say? If I had balls I'd be King. Riff.

Originally posted by hockeyscout View Post
            Yes, you are right - it is all about the rich getting richer.
            This is all this is about. Martina isn't breaking new ground. She never really has. She loves to stir the pot on her own behalf. You are right...McEnroe is most likely in on it. He can parlay it into a hefty raise for himself.

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
            I think Navratilova took advantage of the situation within the BBC where equal pay is being discussed. Whether she deserves it is another issue. Not so sure.

Equal pay in tennis is another question. Men attract more spectators, at Grand Slam events, but at any rate, women play best of 3, men best of 5. So here it is questionable. For other events, where both play best of three, no problem.

It would be interesting to have women members pitching in, as I have mentioned before, but the forum seems to be an old boys club.

Even on the website, I have not seen a woman writing technical articles, just historical (Segura, Gonzales...).
            She is a master of taking advantage of given situations. Even with her stature she can easily slip into the victim role. She's not my kind of girl. Obviously she isn't for everybody. But who is?

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
            I am open to it.
            The owner speaks and goes on record. A smart thing to do nowadays.

Originally posted by stotty View Post
            I don't recall her but I have worked with a number of ladies here on the forum. Nice gals too.

Absolutely zero compassion for poor little old Martina. It's a job. She knows the terms. She knows the score. If she doesn't like it she is free to take her services to the highest bidder. McEnroe is sliding in my eyes as well. But he doesn't have much to work with these days. The tennis is really dreadful. The only thing that makes any of it interesting is Roger Federer. As a commentator McEnroe is becoming more and more an apologist for the shit he is trying to dress up. He's no rebel any longer...he's a suck up just like all of the rest.

I watched the last Federer versus Del Potro match without commentary. Just turn the sound off. Commentating on a women's match should be one of the highest paying jobs in the world. I cannot imagine the stress or pressure of trying to find something to say during the duration of one of those matches. The equal pay for men and women playing tennis is debatable. I really find it difficult to find an argument for it.

This conversation is getting tiring. The victims...the oppressed. Put them in the same draw from now on. Let's eliminate the differences in the sexes altogether. Dog eat dog. Right Martina? This isn't about sexism. It's about rich people getting richer. Personally I don't care how much she makes and even less about how much McEnroe makes.

More feminist propaganda...lurking just beneath the veneer of the story. It's everywhere now. It is a war on men...there can be no doubt about it. Masculist versus Feminist. That's ok. It used to be that the battle of the sexes was never won because of too much fraternisation with the enemy. Just imagine what the future holds. It's hard to figure.
            Anybody here know what GOLF means? It's an acronym for Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden. Nowadays this is enough to get you publicly castrated but it is an innocent term from ancient times. Innocent times. When there was a natural order to things. Maybe not so innocent. In fact in may not be an acronym at all. But I like to think that it is.

There was a time when there were many golf clubs that were men only. Now seen as an evil thing...the favourite fun word is "misogynist" which is supposed to be an evil plot against all of the innocent women around the world. But in reality it was just guys enjoying the company of other men. Contrary to modern virtual morality there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I think we can safely assume that it's alright for men to have a safe haven from the opposite sex just as it is for women to do the same.

But it is a war on men. It is somewhat surprising to see how many men just go along with it. Maybe it isn't surprising that modern man is becoming a sissy. Look at the men tennis players all wearing the pink these days.

It isn't as if women are barred from this site. The owner has been quoted above saying that he is open to it. In fact there was a woman that I had a rather lengthy instructional relationship with here on the forum that we took to email. It was rather long and very successful. I made a friend for my efforts. So one wonders (it isn't me wondering) why there are not any women on this site...on the forum. Well in case you haven't noticed there aren't many men either. There are about eight or nine...depending upon whether or not you want to consider the feminist a man. He's our very own sissy. Actually he is more of eunuch...lost them somewhere along the way in his merry and gay (frivolously happy) travels.

I have never once given any thought whatsoever as to whether there are women here or not...except when they made their presence known. I notice that there is a "iamatennisgoddess" who is a member and she has my curiosity up. Being a man things like that name peak my curiosity. But I don't necessarily miss women on the forum. It would be curious to see just how their presence would effect the conversation.

But back to Martina. This is a woman with an agenda. hockeyscout points this out at length. I am not sure how I feel about Martina as I don't know her. I think klacr says that he knows her. I find her to be rather "mannish" and a little too tough for my tastes. I find her to be a bit obtuse from the comments that I have read and some of what has been written about her. Even this controversy seems to be a little out of line by taking her case to the press. But this is the way it is done these days.

I basically don't care what happens in this matter about her pay. It basically is none of my business. I feel that is a private matter between her and her employer. People are so ready to jump up and down about the slightest things nowadays it makes you wonder about the human race in general.

There was a line in a movie that Mickey Rourke played in about some poet...what was the name of it? Barfly? He said something to the effect and he was a drunk mind you..."I don't mind people...it's just that I feel a whole lot better when they are not around". I think that I know how he feels as I live in the country here in Sweden. It is peaceful and my day is filled with caring for animals. Horses, dogs and a cat. My wife too. She's an animal you know. A mammal too.

Everyone has an ax to grind about their very existence it seems. Even a poor little rich girl like Martina Navratilova. I actually have come to know several Czech ladies since moving to Europe and none of them even slightly resemble Martina in their demeanours. This is the reality of things. She doesn't speak for masses of anybodies. She is only out for herself and this is the natural condition of the human species be it male or female. Particularly now in modern times. My neighbour that used to live down the road past the church was Czech. She would sun herself in her bikini in the summer. When I came by walking my old dog Frankie she would pop up and tie her top and come over to the fence to chat. Her husband used to give me the stink eye. They divorced...it turns out he was a drunk. I could always feel some bad vibes from him. It felt like there was something wrong...really wrong.

Yesterday at the Pharmacy as I was getting a prescription filled for our little Princess Lorelei...the 10 month old offspring of the "Best Swedish Bred Arabian Mare"...I was waited on by two very wonderful and attractive women. First the Bosnian and when she needed some help with the system she called in the Hungarian. They were having quite a time with me...The American. I must look exotic to them. They were so delightful. You had to be there...their English accents were as charming as the blue sky here in Sweden is beautiful. Their smiles and cunning replies made me feel slightly tipsy and intoxicated. I thought to myself as I left the pharmacy that I would just love to hang out with a room full of such women. Smart, witty, charming, attractive...basically delightful. don_budge would have a field day. Spring is just around the corner. You can feel it in the air. The birds and the bees.

My next stop was to the "farmer's shop" where I had to shop for horse food and dog food. I was on a supply run to town. There is another exotic beauty there...a Swedish gal. Most Swedish women seem to be cold and hard to me. Sort of like Martina. But this one is just a sweet and divine creature. A smile that just warms you when she looks at you beaming and if I am not mistaken she was playfully flirting with me. I almost wanted to ask her if she was. But I went along with it. I resisted the temptation. The old temptation. Enjoyed the ride. Looking forwards to going back there again.

Don't you just love women? I wouldn't mind it if some lovelies were to participate here. don_budge...the ladie's pet and the men's fret. My dear friend Jesse used to say that about me. He used my real name of course. He was a black guy...a big tough guy. But at the same time a Christian who used to have a Bible study with guys that looked up to him. A gentle giant of a man. I just loved that guy. Like a brother and I know he felt that same for me.
            don_budge
            Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

What I kind of wonder is if a reason so few womwn participate is because this is a techy site and most women are less into technology. They are more into emotions.

Comment

What I kind of wonder is if a reason so few womwn participate is because this is a techy site and most women are less into technology. They are more into emotions.
                No, sein Steve is more into emotions than any woman ever born.

Comment

I was talking as a rule.

Comment

I was talking as a rule.
                    You might be right. Have you ever watched a female coach coach? I have two at my club. They are far more engaged in the psychological side (in terms of well being) than male coaches. They are far more intuitive about how things are working and being interpreted by the student. As a rule, they tend to care more about the well being of children. My male coaches are much more clumsy like that.

Female coaches are not so good at technique and tend to get a bit perplexed with it. The two female coaches I have just want to coach fundamentals and not the finer points. I am happy with that.

As head coach at my club, I insist the coaching set up is 50% women and 50% men. And both are paid the same.
                    Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
                      I loved watching Martina play. But I don't enjoy her commentating. She comes across as very smug and a know it all--when it's obvious there is a lot she doesn't understand technically. If I had a spare $21K I'd offer it to her to quit.
                      I suppose there is such a thing as aggressive yet healthy humility as opposed to the false humility of Uriah Heep (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uriah_Heep).

And yet can one expect the top tennis players of their age, asked to impart their knowledge if not their athletic genes, not to make that attempt through their accumulated confidence and feeling of mastery?

I've found some of Navratilova's recommendations simple, practical and useful, e.g., if faced with internal choice between sequence and simultaneity, choose simultaneity; or if you hit the net, try the exact same shot again but with a slightly altered grip.

Comment

Real Men Don't Wear Pink...don_budge
                        In fact there was a woman that I had a rather lengthy instructional relationship with here on the forum that we took to email. It was rather long and very successful. I made a friend for my efforts.
                        Yes, she was a sister and a basketball player from southern Europe. She went through me and then through you. After you she was ready to disappear.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8709 users online. 0 members and 8709 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                        X