Forehand Volley - your strokes - November 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forehand Volley - your strokes - November 2006

Really enjoyed the excellent analysis of the forehand volley. Of particular interest was the cause and effect issues at and after the point of contact. I think that this is one of the most difficult areas to teach because all students come with a perception of what will cause the underspin on a volley. The "U" image of the hitting arm is very useful and I intend to use it in the imaging portion of my clinics.

Your web site and work has been a tremendous help to the teaching community out here - you have raised the level of professionalism of the teaching pros that use your research to a very high level. I have people in line for clinics and it is all word of mouth!

I was in your area a few weeks ago to see my grandaughter play soccer but time was short and I failed to connect with you. She (Kelley O'Hara) is a freshman starting forward on Stanford's soccer team. I will make it a point to make more time on the next trip. I will get the address and try to find you via Mapquest. San Fransisco is a little more difficult to get around in than Pittsburgh!

Jerry O'Hara

Cool on your grandaugther--that's big time soccer. I'm not that hard to find--just about 35 miles north of Stanford stadium.

Thanks also for the good words on the volley article--another topic with a checkered history of teaching theory and debate....

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8802 users online. 5 members and 8797 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X