Wrist/Forearm movement clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrist/Forearm movement clips

Attached are clips to demonstrate the movements I refer to in my posts. Feel free to ask questions.
    Attached Files

Here are the rest...

Eversion and Inversion are usually used to describe the movement of the ankle joint, However there seems to be analogous movements possible at the wrist joint so I included them.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by EricMatuszewski; 11-16-2006, 10:08 AM. Reason: adding explanation of Eversion and Inversion

Comment

Eric,

Great pictures. Now I know what Radial and Ulnar flexions are.

Are you sure there are such movements as eversion and inversion of the hand?
      They just seem like (constrained) pronation and supination to me.

Comment

Inversion and Eversion are used to describe movements of the ankle joint.

The analogous movements at the wrist joint would happen when the hand was in a hyperextended position (as in the clip).

It's generally understood that very little motion occurs in this way in the wrist (it's partly axial rotation which is usually more dependent on pronation and supination of the forearm) so the application of ankle movement terms to describe wrist movements is unconventional.

These wrist movements are very small (less than 15 degrees).

It seems though that when a weighted lever such as a racket is gripped in the hand and thus exerts a torque on the wrist joint, especially during a torque amplifying movement like a tennis stoke, such Inversion/Eversion like movements are much more likely.

These movements are also all somewhat dependant on each persons particular wrist genetics and age. Ranges of motion are somewhat individual for each player. Some may Invert/Evert more other less.
        Last edited by EricMatuszewski; 11-17-2006, 05:11 AM. Reason: Correcting language, improving Clarity

Comment

Can't seem to view the files. With both Quicktime and Windows Media Player I get a comment that elements are missing and then just a blank screen...

Comment

Downloading issues

I did a test to see If I could download them on different PC's.

They download fine on my Mac but not on my Sony, I made the clips on a Mac, but I don't know why that would make a difference.

Maybe, Maverick can give some suggestions as he seems to understand the intracasies of computer uploading and downloading better than I. Sorry for the frustrating tech problem, the clips are actually very good.

Eric

Comment

Hello.

The clips play with VCL media player on win xp. You have to download first and than play.

Video lan client media player is free software and plays nearly everything.

To download the program just google.

Comment

pronotion.mov

What do you need to see pronotion.mov
                I have clicked and does NOT work for me
                juliantennis@comcast.net

Comment

Sorry Julian,

I just checked it and it downloads fine on my end. Let me know if you get it to work this time. So you got the rest to download, but not this one?

I'm not really a computer expert, and I use a Mac so my PC skills are few.

Comment

Originally posted by EricMatuszewski
                    Sorry Julian,

I just checked it and it downloads fine on my end. Let me know if you get it to work this time. So you got the rest to download, but not this one?

Please provide step by step explanation like click this and this

Comment

Download

Sorry Julian,

I cannot down load the rest either

Comment

Wrist movement

Inversion and Eversion are used to describe movements of the ankle joint.

The analogous movements at the wrist joint would happen when the hand was in a hyperextended position (as in the clip).

It's generally understood that very little motion occurs in this way in the wrist (it's partly axial rotation which is usually more dependent on pronation and supination of the forearm) so the application of ankle movement terms to describe wrist movements is unconventional.

These wrist movements are very small (less than 15 degrees).

It seems though that when a weighted lever such as a racket is gripped in the hand and thus exerts a torque on the wrist joint, especially during a torque amplifying movement like a tennis stoke, such Inversion/Eversion like movements are much more likely.

These movements are also all somewhat dependant on each persons particular wrist genetics and age. Ranges of motion are somewhat individual for each player. Some may Invert/Evert more other less.
                        If you watch DIFFERENT/OTHER VIDEOS from archives
                        the wrist forms the INVERTED LETTER V so it is MUCH MORE THAN 15 degrees

Comment

download

Attached are clips to demonstrate the movements I refer to in my posts. Feel free to ask questions.
                          The obvious way to fix a problem would to put these files
                          at the different location
                          for example
                          the location given below in a poist by Jon Yandell works:

Look at this image of Federer:
                          http://www.tennisplayer.net/members...io nFront1.mov

Comment

Julian,

I think there was some communication breakdown.

The less than 15 deg comment was made in regards ONLY to eversion/inversion movements.

The other movements of course have much greater ranges of motion. Hope this makes more sense.

Eric

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7717 users online. 7 members and 7710 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                            X