The non raquet hand on my forehand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The non raquet hand on my forehand

Would I be right in saying that the left hand once released from the rauqet sould it sould not stop compleley. Look at roger federer once the left hand is relased from the raquet thier is not stoping of both arms. On my forehand what I'm doing wrong is releasing the left hand from the racquet but then the left hand stops straightened across the body.

So this is where I'm stoping http://www.rowland-hall.org/photos/c...4/Forehand.jpg.

I also made the mistake of puting my left arm across the body before geting to the ball. You cannot move to the ball with you left hand across your body and stops you seeing the ball. Dam I feel stupid but you just don't notice these things till you really think about them.

So I was moving to the ball in this postion.

Its very easy to make the mistake of puting the left hand across the body before making ajustment steps while you are close to the ball to.
    Last edited by marty; 11-24-2006, 06:07 PM.

The timing of the left arm should be based on the ball, not the steps. It should be extended at around the time of the ball bounce or before.

As the forward swing starts it naturally releases and swings out of the way.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2364 users online. 6 members and 2358 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X