Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don_budge
    replied
    Fascinating. Francisco had the eye for talent. He also had said some similar things about Aaron Krickstein at a very young age. That one didn't quite materialize as the old master envisioned but Aaron had a wonderful career. I wonder what may have happened if Aaron had taken a similar route instead of the trek to Bradenton, Florida to what's his name's academy. The Los Angeles Tennis Club must have been a really happening place.

Leave a comment:

• tennis_chiro
    replied
    In 1974, Connors was beating everyone so badly; Segura had him finishing at the net as much as possible. I thought he just got bored and started staying back more so he could have some more rallies. Towards the later years of his career, he was more of a baseliner whereas early in his career he had gotten to the net at every opportunity.

don

Leave a comment:

• stotty
    replied
    A nice article, and terrific book which I would highly recommend.

"Connors was very coachable," Pancho said simply. How important is that? Some good juniors are uncoachable. I don't think this goes unrecognised sometimes. Even some coaches don't recognise that some of the kids they teach are actually uncoachable.

Jimmy was a great player, but he peaked in 1974 and never actually got any better.
    Last edited by stotty; 06-01-2018, 02:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    replied
    What do you mean Phil, you are still alive!

Leave a comment:

• gzhpcu
    replied
    Great article. These type of personalities sadly no longer exist.

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    started a topic Segura and Connors

Segura and Connors

Let's get your thought son Caroline Seebohm's latest article, "Segura and Connors"

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7735 users online. 7 members and 7728 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X