Advanced Foundation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Foundation

I cannot get the timing right on my split step but after the split step I'm in a wide base. So even if you don't split step in time you would still benefit from the wide base right instead of standing up like a pole.

So long as you don't plant your heels when you land.

Comment

Can you explain why planting heals is bad?
      Is it because when you are on the balls of your feet the nees will be bent I no this from running.
      Last edited by marty; 11-26-2006, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Right you get stuck and can't react and move.

Comment

By saying don't plant you heals do you mean hold them off the ground?

Comment

Keep your weight forward on the balls of your feet.

Comment

Sould you be on the ball of the foot at all times? Their should be an article of the importance of Being on the ball of the foot, bent knees, low center of gravity, straight back posture.
              Last edited by marty; 11-26-2006, 04:46 PM.

Comment

More Fodder On This

I'd say land on the heels as you split step during the serve and volley. Landing on your toes during the split is likely to throw you off balance and drive your upper body downward, much like a car hitting the brakes. Flatfoot or heels for the "coming forward" split and balls of feet for the baseline split. That's what I am seeing and I believe it is the most efficient.

I'd also argue that the weight is shifted one way or another by the end of the split, such that the movement is one direction is already established prior to both feet hitting the ground.

Lastly, I believe I am seeing Roger and a couple of others keep more weight on the inside leg (that closest to the center of the court) during the split step landing. This is most apparent in the crosscourt rally. This helps him push off towards a ball hit wide crosscourt, and still lets him turn and accelerate towards a ball hit down the line.

CC

Comment

Well if the legs are bent the weight should move to the balls of the foot. When running it does not matter if your heals are torching the ground but the weight of you body has to be on the ball of the foot. Bend your legs while standing the weight will move to the ball of the foot.
                  Last edited by marty; 11-26-2006, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Have you actually read any of the footwork articles? Why don't you start with that?

What I'm saying is don't split then end of stopping and waiting flat footed.

Comment

I have read the footwork articles.

Comment

Great look at the animations and you'll see everything I am talking about regarding the split steps.

Comment

When my feet hit the ground I cannot stop my heel from touching.

Comment

You've missed the point again. The idea is not to get stuck and stop--that's what planting your heels means.

You aren't paying attention to the responses, you don't say thank you or seem to appreciate the efforts myself and others have made on your behalf. Instead you complain and make negative comments. Sorry but it's become a waste of precious time and energy.

Comment

When doing a split step my feet seem to spay out to the side.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2362 users online. 7 members and 2355 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X