French Open-- Women's Final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Open-- Women's Final

I love all women, including Ukrainians, Hungarians and Roumanians. Fat ones, skinny ones. Thin-waisted scientists with glasses in which the lenses are as thick as the lower end of old-fashioned Coca-Cola bottles. English teachers as large as Patton tanks. Poets who will condemn you for a single lapse in taste. I even love the two women who had to tell don_budge that he was laid off from the Rouge River Plant of Ford Motor Company.

I'm living in a building with 50 black persons, am teaching black kids in elementary schools all week long.

So I couldn't yell too loud, I thought, when Simona Halep alternated a moonball with a flat shot taken on the rise.

And I had to be moved when Sloane Stephens just lost the tit-tat exchange at the net that put her down 4-0 in the final set and smiled.

Because she is a woman, i.e., a human being. How many men would smile just then? If they did, someone like 10splayer would say they weren't sufficiently engaged in the match.

I'm so glad I love women just the way John McEnroe does. And like many others, I'm relieved that Simona finally won the French Open. Also loved it when Sloane Stephens said to Simona, "I would rather lose to you than anybody else in the world."
    Last edited by bottle; 06-09-2018, 08:41 AM.

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3181 users online. 10 members and 3171 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X