Forum Update PLEASE READ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Update PLEASE READ

I have treated myself to avoiding the Donald Trump thread. But I got so many complaints I went and looked at a few posts. Many posters violated the guidelines repeatedly and reached what has to be close to a low on the internet for name calling, insults and profanity. So that thread is permanently deleted.
    In addition I want the following posters to all put the others on ignore. Bottle, Don Budge, 10sPlayer, and anyone else who knows they were a participant in all this. As I said I treated myself to reading only a few posts. So others you know who you are.
    Frankly much of this discussion can only be described as pathetically infantile. Stick to tennis and if you see other posts that are in the same tone let me know. Now let me get back to the July issue please.
    Last edited by johnyandell; 06-14-2018, 07:51 PM.

Sorry I was not a participant.

Comment

True that. So put on ignore whomever you wish or not.

Comment

How do you put someone on "ignore." I need technical advice.

Comment

Go to “profile” at the top, then go to “privacy”. At the bottom you will find the ignore list. Just enter the names and save.

Comment

Problem focused < Solution minded

The debate on here pushed me away for a bit as you may have noticed in the frequency of my posts. I still read all the articles and stay updated with new issues. This is also the only internet forum I belong to. And over the past few months and possibly years I can quickly be reminded why. I try to treat my internet conversations like actual face to face conversations with new people. No discussion of politics, religion or negativity. It seems like common sense but clearly in this day and age its not so common anymore. However, trying my best to consciously avoid those "topics" stated earlier has gotten me pretty far in life. As has finding common ground with anyone that I have ever met. I see familiarity, not differences. If I can't see familiarity, I avoid or ignore. Makes a hard life a bit easier.

I come on here to discuss, wax poetic and most importantly learn about tennis. I work at a high stress, long hour and life consuming job, then after that I work at other time consuming, high stress and pressure filled jobs. On top of that I will be starting an intensive grad school program at a University. I am a glutton for punishment so when I look for escape I don't want to find drama at my happy place.

Coming onto a site that I pay for and that I love and genuinely attribute and give credit to for a strong ethos in my teaching philosophy by learning from so many great contributors, I feel it gives a great disservice to John's groundbreaking work and all the others who have taken the time to write, record, research and author all other published materials for a tennis serious website. If we disagree with others, and it will happen, I don't see an issue. But when we throw insults, wrestle in the mud and get so far off topic or on a topic that is only decipherable to that poster it simply destroys the credibility of the poster and everyone else that has their name on this website.

I finish every post with my name, my association affiliation and my city in which I am based, visiting or evolving in. I do this to show transparency and to show that I stand by all my comments. Anyone can google me, anyone can reach me, anyone can contact me so that If I write anything on here that I would not want my family, friends and loved ones to see then I will be messaged, called or scolded and be held accountable and embarrassed. I stand by the 2,542 posts I've written and will continue to do so.

Bringing it back to tennis...
            Funny how so many of us on here like Roger Federer and consider him one of our favorite players. Beyond the strokes and the trophies, one of the reasons he is so beloved is because of his class. Let's have John and others discuss and teach us about his serve and forehand and while we replicate those technical perfections that we see in high speed of at least 250 frames per second or higher, lets all immediately duplicate the one thing that Federer does so well and not take 8,000 balls to hone. CLASS.

I will post on this specific thread only three times. First time, last time and never again.
            Thank you for reading and goodnight.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
            Boca Raton, Florida
            Palo Alto, California

Comment

Well said Kyle, thank you.

Comment

Thank you, John. Thank you, Kyle.

don

Comment

Well said, Klacr.

Having coached for a long time and found yourself in a good coaching position, you have come to understand, and probably by nature always have understood, that crossing people gets you nowhere. Coaching is a people orientated job - upset one person in a club and you upset 10 of his friends. Carry on in that way that and you will inevitably slit your own throat. Your fate is in the hands of the members you service when you think about it.

I have learned to be insightful and never to upset anyone. Even the most determined agitator cannot make any impact on me. As a result I have taught at the same club for 34 years. By default I have learned tolerance and even come to like people I might never have. I am grateful to coaching for this aspect it has given me and the way it has developed that side of my personality.

Want to be a successful coach? Then learn people skills and diplomacy as fast as you possibly can.
                  Last edited by stotty; 06-15-2018, 04:40 AM.
                  Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
                    Go to “profile” at the top, then go to “privacy”. At the bottom you will find the ignore list. Just enter the names and save.
                    Thanks so much. I never knew that.

Comment

Stotty, 34 years that is very impressive.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 4158 users online. 3 members and 4155 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                      X