No announcement yet.

2018 Wimbledon...ATP 2000...London, Great Britain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the Kyrgios/Sock ol disgusted I am doing all a favor by being out here head shake during pretty much the whole match is annoyingly tiresome. Nick is out, but somehow, the tournament must go on.

Comment

Serena Williams is looking like the favorite! Another great win. She has plenty of self confidence. This justifies her seeding.

Comment

And Ostapenko and Kerber and Goerges had great wins, too. And the tail-wagging and first set seizing Giorgi distinguished herself, as did Kasatkina in a match with half a dozen match points. These were fun battles to watch.
        Last edited by bottle; 07-10-2018, 10:50 AM.

Comment

That Kerber/Kasatkina match was enjoyable. Ladies received a standing ovation at the end. Just a lovely match between two players that rely on more than just Big Babe bashing tennis. The drop shots, lobs, short angles was amusing. Biased as I'm a fan of kerberos but Kasatkina has a really solid atp-esque forehand. I have nothing against women's tennis and to be honest, if more matches are played like Kerber/Kasatkina then I may just say adios to the men.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
          Boca Raton

Comment

Fed wins 1st set very easily vs Anderson, looking like the guy the oddmakers had at about a 91% chance of winning the match.

Comment

Anderson has had a remarkable comeback and forced a 5th set. Fed sure did not give him anything. Great comeback and mental strength by Anderson. We will see. Winning the 5th here will be way tougher that even winning the 3rd and 4th sets.
              Last edited by stroke; 07-11-2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Federer choked. End of story. He said he never felt comfortable from the baseline during the match and that it was just one of those days. But he still had match point and didn't convert. Credit to Anderson for believing in himself when most did not. He's a Delray Beach resident that frequents Atlantic Ave and the Delray Beach tennis center. I'm happy for him, but sad for Roger.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                Boca Raton

Comment

Originally posted by klacr View Post
                  Federer choked. End of story. He said he never felt comfortable from the baseline during the match and that it was just one of those days. But he still had match point and didn't convert. Credit to Anderson for believing in himself when most did not. He's a Delray Beach resident that frequents Atlantic Ave and the Delray Beach tennis center. I'm happy for him, but sad for Roger.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                  Boca Raton
                  As McEnroe said at conclusion of match, " he has won 8, he will be allright".

Comment

Yes, as klacr said, Federer choked. This happens on rare occasions. Rafa, on the other hand, never gives up, as shown by his tremendous five setter win over Del Potro.

Comment

Hasn't Federer been "choking" all year? He lost a close match to DelPo at IW. He lost to Kokinakis in Miami, again a close match. To Coric at Halle. I saw him playing during the first week of Wimbledon and he just did not seem as sharp. Much like the US Open last year.

It seems there are two factors here.

First, Federer feels immense pressure. He is trying to defend a second title and the other guy is playing with nothing to lose.

If you think Federer is going to blow you away and then you suddenly get a chance, you go for it.

Second, Fed is not as sharp as last year.

He has bounced back before.

But I think the bounce backs will become more difficult and with fewer and fewer peaks.

The racket bought him some time but eventually he will fade.

At almost 37, I cannot blame him.

Comment

Isner's serving stats make encouraging reading for his American supporters. If he keeps it up, it will make him tough to beat. He's in the middle of a purple patch right now.

Nadal v Novak will be a humdinger so don't miss it. The bookmakers here give Nadal the tiniest advantage. Personally I think Novak will win.

Whoever wins the final won't be pretty. Roger had the top half all to himself and should have made the final at a canter. It would have made a great final to have Roger v Nadal or Novak...shame.
                        Last edited by stotty; 07-12-2018, 02:22 PM.
                        Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
                          Isner's serving stats make encouraging reading for his American supporters. If he keeps it up, it will make him tough to beat. He's in the middle of a purple patch right now.

Nadal v Novak will be a humdinger so don't miss it. The bookmakers here give Nadal the tiniest advantage. Personally I think Novak will win.

Whoever wins the final won't be pretty. Roger had the top half all to himself and should have made the final at a canter. It would have made a great final to have Roger v Nadal or Novak...shame.
                          Agree on the Isner serving stats. Too bad I can't find any American supporters to cheer for him. I'm rooting for Anderson.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                          Boca Raton

Comment

Any particular reason Kyle?

Comment

I think we need final set tiebreaks here at Wimbledon. It would be fairer on the players and less boring for the spectators...it becomes a grind for everyone concerned.

Djokovic is one set up. The standard is high.
                              Stotty

Comment

3-2 to Nadal is the second set and the standard just went through the roof. Both men are motoring in top gear and it's going to be interesting to see how it pans out from here.
                                Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2261 users online. 6 members and 2255 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X