JY Article on Fed Forehand in London Telegraph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JY Article on Fed Forehand in London Telegraph

You have to register (free) to read it all but there are three interesting articles on Fed's movement, racket, and his forehand (that one is mine.)

As Roger Federer aims for a ninth men's singles title at Wimbledon, Simon Briggs and John Yandell reveal the secrets behind his incredible career.

Well done, John. The Telegraph has always been the leading newspaper in the country for tennis. Lance Tingay wrote for them for many years who was a considerable tennis journalist. The Telegraph has consistently remained at the forefront since his death in 1981.

You chose the very best newspaper to get published in.
    Stotty

Comment

Great article that clearly explains the success of the Federer forehand.

Comment

Thanks guys--they choose me! I was surprised at the quality of the other articles. Used to a certain print magazine in the states dumbing my articles down to the lowest denominator...

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
          Thanks guys--they choose me! I was surprised at the quality of the other articles. Used to a certain print magazine in the states dumbing my articles down to the lowest denominator...
          Thanks for that little bit of the truth of things.

Comment

Tremendous stuff John. Wish we had this type of journalism and educational content in our tennis literature over here. But I digress...

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
            Boca Raton

Comment

Good article John. btw, did you know you are on Youtube?

Comment

How many of those are there?

Comment

Not only is John on youtube, a new online tennis instructional magazine is coming out called...you guessed it, "Tennis Player Magazine"

Often imitated but never duplicated. This site is still the best by a mile.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                  Boca Raton

Comment

What really?

Comment

John, you also have a Visual Tennis book, that I bought off of Amazon because I could not get a new one.

It is sitting on my shelf and I look at it occasionally when I have a tennis related technique question, want to visualize it, and want a break from my computer.

Comment

Yep but add the left arm stretch on the forehand and internal shoulder rotation on the serve. And the hitting arm variations on the two-hander--but I know you are with us on the one-hander.
                        Last edited by johnyandell; 07-09-2018, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8463 users online. 8 members and 8455 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                        X