JY Podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JY Podcast

Here is a pod cast I did for a couple of avid tennis dads with nationally ranked kids:

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Well I finally chiselled out the time to listen to this and I'm glad I did. John, you came across great ands as having a deeper understanding of tennis stroke than even I though you had. Interesting about the speed of the back hip acceleration on the serve. I had kind of missed that one in articles somehow.

I liked some of the questions they threw at you. I am not sure Tennisplayer.net is a website tennis parents should visit. They are likely to misunderstand the content if they have never played tennis before, which could make matters worse. I feel it's primarily a website for performance players (or players heading that way) and coaches.

I am amazed someone would pay 400 dollars an hour for a lesson. I student of mine paid 500 dollars for one lesson with Nick Bollettieri only to be told exactly what I had told him. I guess it can be worth it if you can deliver a nugget that cracks a given problem.

A young coach came up to me last week and asked how he can become a really good coach, what's the key. I told him the best way to get better is try and develop a deeper understanding of strokes by through biomechanics, through Brian Gordon, through yourself, and through Tennisplayer. But I also pointed out that what separates better coaches from other coaches is having the skill and intuition to be able to teach those swing paths and positions in a coherent and effective way. It's one thing reading and having knowledge, quite another to deliver.
    Stotty

Comment

Stotty, Thanks a bunch and yes knowledge and practice aren't the same!!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7659 users online. 9 members and 7650 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X