Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connors US Open run at 39

Nobody like Connors anymore....

It was a great achievement but I hated the way Connors conducted himself in that match. He was over the top and too much up his own backside. The other man is a much nicer bloke and carries himself really well. No one I know who has met Connors has a god word to say about him. I did love his backhand though and his capacity to play an all round game despite being predominantly a baseliner, something down_budge has alluded to in recent posts about many players of that generation.

I think Rafa is every bit what Jimmy was and maybe a bit more too.
    Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
      It was a great achievement but I hated the way Connors conducted himself in that match. He was over the top and too much up his own backside. The other man is a much nicer bloke and carries himself really well. No one I know who has met Connors has a god word to say about him. I did love his backhand though and his capacity to play an all round game despite being predominantly a baseliner, something down_budge has alluded to in recent posts about many players of that generation.

I could not agree more. All I have to say about that is that Patrick, Aaron, and Paul are class acts.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post

I could not agree more. All I have to say about that is that Patrick, Aaron, and Paul are class acts.
        Completely agree and I can personally vouch for the latter two.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
        Boca Raton

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post

I have always given Connors a pass in a lot of ways. But on that day against my little buddy Aaron...that would never have happened if I had been in the Krickstein corner. Never...never...never.
          don_budge
          Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post

I have always given Connors a pass in a lot of ways. But on that day against my little buddy Aaron...that would never have happened if I had been in the Krickstein corner. Never...never...never.
            It should not have happened period. The umpire should have given him a warning and defaulted him(after he did not change his tune, which I a fairly certain he would not) for his antics. For Aaron to continue to talk so graciously about that match speaks volumes about him.
            Last edited by stroke; 08-26-2018, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Be that all is it may, but Connors really had a fighting spirit. All the New Yorkers were behind him. It was like in the Roman coliseum. He was an outsider and a street fighter, but he gave his all. It was another era, one of McEnroe, Nastase and company...

Comment

If that isn't Aaron Krickstein at the very beginning of this video then it is surely a doppelgänger or at least a reasonable facsimile. The guy embracing the nice looking gal. klacr...go ask Aaron.
                don_budge

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_91hNV6vuBY

If that isn't Aaron Krickstein at the very beginning of this video then it is surely a doppelgänger or at least a reasonable facsimile. The guy embracing the nice looking gal. klacr...go ask Aaron.
                  It's not Aaron. But looks similar. Aaron would never want to be in a music video.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                  Boca Raton

Comment

He was a HUGE Springsteen...I don't want to say fan...but if he was to be in a video when he was younger it would have been THE BOSS.
                    don_budge

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7977 users online. 3 members and 7974 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                    X