Opening the Court: Pattern 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening the Court: Pattern 1

Let's get your thoughts on George Zink's article, "Opening the Court: Pattern 1"

Cool new series.
    Great first pattern to work on. Attacking the backhand never the wrong option.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

This gives me a new way to think and practice. I usually drill down the line, crosscourt, inside out--ball after ball. I really like the idea of repetition of shot combos.

Comment

With so much mindless hitting at the recreational level or just hitting for the sake of power at the junior level it's combinations like these that can greatly enhance a player's ability to work points in their favor. Practicing patterns like these assure players of becoming smarter and better competitors. Looking forward to more...

Comment

Will go back to review those two articles again, but how can I apply them to doubles since I don't play singles any more?

Comment

Thank you everyone for the nice comments. I have been using these patterns for years with my students. It’s truly helps them think a bit better and learn to open up the court so they feel have some control over the outcome of the match.
            As far as doubles, bottle these are mostly singles patterns. Although a few of them could be used for doubles for sure. I think one of the next articles I do should be doubles patterns!!
            Keep the feedback coming everyone. Love to hear from you. And if there are any questions, please post.
            Thank you.
            George Zink

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8423 users online. 4 members and 8419 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X