Opening the Court: Pattern 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening the Court: Pattern 2

Let's get your thoughts on George Zink's second article, "Opening the Court: Pattern 2"

A great pattern to use against speedy players. Attack deep down the middle giving them no angle. at the sign of the first short ball you can pounce. Del Potro does this affectively against Nadal.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

Also against slow 4.0 players

Comment

I just traveled with my son to the French Open, Wimbledon and US Open. You can’t believe how many game plans from top pros involve going up the middle. Whether it’s a return of serve, or a pattern like this one it’s important to know that it can be a game plan. It takes away the angles and makes your opponent try to create more. Then taking that 4th ball off the court mixes in the surprise. I truly believe this works at every level. So whether you are an inspiring junior or adult player this pattern is perfect! If anyone has any more questions about these, please post.
        Thank you.
        George Zink

Comment

Originally posted by paddleguy1 View Post
          I just traveled with my son to the French Open, Wimbledon and US Open. You can’t believe how many game plans from top pros involve going up the middle. Whether it’s a return of serve, or a pattern like this one it’s important to know that it can be a game plan. It takes away the angles and makes your opponent try to create more. Then taking that 4th ball off the court mixes in the surprise. I truly believe this works at every level. So whether you are an inspiring junior or adult player this pattern is perfect! If anyone has any more questions about these, please post.
          Thank you.
          George Zink
          Very true. I always tell my students the middle third of the court is the biggest target and the one they are least likely to miss. Just be sure not to hit short or, in a good standard at least, the ploy backfires. Deep down the middle is a great place to go.
          Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8128 users online. 6 members and 8122 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X