Tennisplayer.net & footwork footage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennisplayer.net & footwork footage

I can't say enough nice stuff about Tennisplayer.net. I will tell all of my students that the best $20. they could spend on a lesson would be for a one month subscription to Tennisplayer.net. I wish there was a way of paying for a teaching pro subscription that would allow sharing a password. I don't know how you could do that. Many times I would like to tell my students to go home and go to this site, punch in this password and check this forehand out. I don't and will not ever share my password, as I have too much respect for the hard work you have put into the site.

Now, the real reason for writing is this: I would like to see some archive footage that really concentrates on the footwork patterns of players. This would probably mean slightly longer footage that allow us to watch the feet for a point or two. Is this something you might be able to do in the future?

Yes. It's eventually in the cards, and the Dave Bailey articles we're starting next year will give footage a deeper look still.

You might check out the AdvancedTennis DVDs that covering actual points--there are plenty of great back and forth sequences there. www.AdvancedTennis.com

I think a little temporary discretionary sharing of the passwords is OK and even helpful to us. If the system sees too many IP addresses it shuts you out. But if a particular student really is a candidate to be a subcriber I'm ok with that.

Alternately a few pros have approached me and we have made group deals for a few to a couple of dozen students.

Comment

Thanks John. I have sent a lot of people to the web site and I know many have become subscribers for at least a month. I will check out the DVDs. The articles from so many coaches and teachers have been great. Even though they don't always agree on the mechanics or teaching methods, I learn and pick up a lot from all of them. The footage of players like Bill Tilden and Rod Laver is so eye opening. Form isn't as modern as we want to believe. I think good movement and stroke mechanics have always been there. I look forward to each issue. Thanks for responding so quickly.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2276 users online. 7 members and 2269 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X