The Inside Out Diagnol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Inside Out Diagnol

CC, very nicely written article. I have one question about the diagonal though; what would be the strategy you should use if your opponent has a powerful backhand down the line?

Veena-

Thank you for the compliment!!

1. Play your inside out ball a little heavier to take it out of their hitting zone.
    2. Play your inside out using more angle such that they have to hit their down the line backhand from outside the singles sideline, thus making the ball come towards the middle of the court rather than straight up the sideline. This gives you a better chance of retrieving it and makes them hit over the highest part of the net.
    3. Instead of hitting side out, use a backhand crosscourt chip to force them to rip the backhand up the line from below the net.
    4. Pull the trigger inside in before they can pull the trigger up the line.
    5. Focus on the depth of your inside out and force the opponent to rip the winner from behind the baseline. IF they can do it, then you have to clap your hands or work on your movement.

Those are some ideas and I cannot say for sure which one is going to prove effective without more information. Hope it helps.

CC

Comment

Thank you for the tips Craig, I think they should help me, especially the one about keeping the player deeper and making them hit from the alley. It is not a specific player that I am having problems with, just a question in general for strategy against those who have very good backhands.

Comment

Anytime Veena-

Thanks for reading the articles. Feel free to ask for more. It's intriguing to see the strategic depth that players might go, to during matchplay.

CC

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7690 users online. 6 members and 7684 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X