Cheating: What's the Bloody Point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheating: What's the Bloody Point?

This is running, not tennis. But it just goes to show what people will do in a marathon race where the options to cheat are multifold and, for many it seems, just too hard to resist. But as a sportsman who puts fair play above virtually everything else, I ask myself...what's the bloody point?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-half-marathon

Tennis is far from immune from cheating as coaches well know. Back at my ranch, when we catch young children cheating, we nip it in the bud. Catch it early, stamp it out.
    Stotty

Read the book called WELCOME TO HERE, by Nancy Solak, to see the Chinese at their best.

Comment

Stotty,
      The point is there is another type of person out there with different character and winning is the only point. Either you have integrity or you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by bottle View Post
        Read the book called WELCOME TO HERE, by Nancy Solak, to see the Chinese at their best.
        Thanks, I will. Nancy seems the have had quite a journey in life. I went to her website and read her Bio. Panic disorder must be awful and a difficult thing to overcome. Brave woman.

I have a friend who, out of the blue, started having anxiety attacks. It's been three years now and no medication thus far has been able to tackle it. He is now housebound and never goes out. I worry about him. His life has been reduced to nothing, just four walls and a TV.
        Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
          Stotty,
          The point is there is another type of person out there with different character and winning is the only point. Either you have integrity or you don't.
          I get that. The thing is, if you don't win fairly, and know deep down you haven't, then victory is valueless, absolutely worthless. These people are completely missing the point.
          Stotty

Comment

Stotty,
            Not to the other type!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2446 users online. 4 members and 2442 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X