No announcement yet.

The Serve: Synchronizing the Legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who could hate Brian's work? Now hypocritical plagiarizers I have seen with my own eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post

Brian's applied journey is stand alone to me, the end all be all of quantitatively describing what the best players in the world are doing out there. I can assure you that you have for the most part found an audience here that gets it.
      I won't deny or denigrate your discipleship, but in the meantime if you don't mind will continue to work on my trick shoulder serve.

This will involve considerable information gathered from both Dr. Gordon and other compatible sources.

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
        Synchronizing the Legs…Dr. Brian Gordon

Transcribed from the video below:

That’s because you cannot really do that in a static situation. The only way that this can be done in a real way is if her shoulder is incredibly relaxed. The only way she can relax her shoulder is if this external rotation is being caused by something other than a muscular activity doing this. The action that will do it is if she pushes with her legs up a force will be applied to her arm here and because of the orientation that force to the racquet it will make the racquet essentially go down her back as a function of inertia.
        Inertia.

don_budge
        Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
          Who could hate Brian's work? Now hypocritical plagiarizers I have seen with my own eyes!
          You would have to be ignorant to hate Brian's work. Question it by all means, but to hate it would seem really dumb. Brian has plenty of fans over the pond if it's any consolation.

As for plagiarisers, well, they're all over the place. In an annoying way it is a compliment when you think about it.

Inertia.
          Yes that part of Brian's video got me thinking too. I find inertia a fascinating part of tennis.

Stotty

Comment

Inertia.
            Originally posted by stotty View Post
            Yes that part of Brian's video got me thinking too. I find inertia a fascinating part of tennis.
            Question: What keeps the rollercoaster car on the track?

don_budge

Comment

Brian, could you please tell me whether you think it's better to have your racket go down behind your back from ESR or the two halves of the arm pressing together or both or anything else?

Comment

Question: What keeps the rollercoaster car on the track?
                Answer: Inertia?
                don_budge

Comment

Answer: Inertia?
                  Yes another interesting thought...one tends to lead to another, doesn't it?
                  Stotty

Comment

Synchronizing the Legs…Dr. Brian Gordon

Transcribed from the video below:

Again to be very, very clear, whether she comes into this continuously or whether she stops her racquet in a hesitation point, the leg drive should commence exactly as the racquet breaks into the backswing and conclude exactly as the racquet exits the backswing. That would indicate perfect timing. It’s very, very important that timing is correct because you may have noticed that in Kayla when I take her into this position of external rotation I’m basically having to crank her shoulder right out of her body.

That’s because you cannot really do that in a static situation. The only way that this can be done in a real way is if her shoulder is incredibly relaxed. The only way she can relax her shoulder is if this external rotation is being caused by something other than a muscular activity doing this. The action that will do it is if she pushes with her legs up a force will be applied to her arm here and because of the orientation that force to the racquet it will make the racquet essentially go down her back as a function of inertia.
                    inertia | ɪˈnəːʃə | noun [mass noun]

1 a tendency to do nothing or to remain unchanged: the bureaucratic inertia of the various tiers of government.

2 Physics a property of matter by which it continues in its existing state of rest or uniform motion in a straight line, unless that state is changed by an external force: the power required to overcome friction and the inertia of the moving parts. See also moment of inertia.• [with modifier] resistance to change in some other physical property: the thermal inertia of the oceans will delay the full rise in temperature for a few decades.

Perhaps the rollercoaster track for the track of the service motion is...perfect. It has to be perfect if you are aiming for the lines under pressure. We'll see what the good doctor says in this regard.

don_budge

Comment

Bottle - the backswing I described is in a diagonal plane implying a combined forward contribution and lateral contribution. The forward contribution is provided largely by a 20-30 elbow flexion on backswing entry and the lateral contribution is provided largely by the external rotation - so both.

don_budge - I will reserve comment on the roller coaster analogy to the serve until I have a chance to read your piece. I'm embarrassed to say I have not yet - sorry - by way of excuse I'll offer I've been really swamped lately starting several projects. Pathetic, I know.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianGordon View Post
                        don_budge - I will reserve comment on the roller coaster analogy to the serve until I have a chance to read your piece. I'm embarrassed to say I have not yet - sorry - by way of excuse I'll offer I've been really swamped lately starting several projects. Pathetic, I know.
                        While we are young...Doctor. But no hurry. But you will be sorry if you realize that it is the most brilliant thing you have ever read. Or you might say to yourself...I waited all that time. For that? Roller coaster my you know what.

At any rate I am impressed that you have things to do. Important things like projects. Me...I am just cleaning five horse boxes every morning and then walking the dogs. I try to make those stalls as neat as a hotel room. You know...chocolate on the pillow and all of that. I feather in the edges of the wood shavings that make up their beds to fit the contours of their bodies. Sometimes I think of myself and even introduce myself as a poop engineer. Shoveling shit. No kidding. But in my spare time I dream of friction-free service motions that just get better when the pressure is on. Sort of like Roger Federer...know what I mean? Like a roller coaster. It sounds like...swoosh. Like a Nike swoosh. Swooooooosh. Frictionless free inertia.
                        don_budge

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7847 users online. 8 members and 7839 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                        X