Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Pictures of Mauresmo's Serve

What a beautiful overhead angle!

The second, third, and fifth images correspond to the low point, halfway point, and just prior to contact positions presented in Brian Gordon's article "The Serve and Tennis Science" (http://www.tennisplayer.net/members/...n_gordon.html).
    So if the images aren't enough for you, you can read (or re-read) Brian's article to get a better understanding!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lukman41985; 12-29-2006, 12:08 AM.

Lukman,

This is incredible! Thanks for posting.

Jeff

Comment

Jeff,
      You're welcome! I'm glad you appreciate it. For once, I am showing you some good visuals. By the way, please check out the thread I started out in the Tour Strokes forum entitles Stroke Comparison: Mauresmo vs. Henin-Hardenne (http://www.tennisplayer.net/bulletin...ead.php?t=811). I'd love to hear your thoughts on the issues being presented there.

Cheers,
      Lukman

Comment

Originally posted by jeffreycounts
        Lukman,

This is incredible! Thanks for posting.

Jeff
        I have to concur. Thanks for the amazing pictures, Lukman.

One of the things I have wanted to know was how far into the court pros toss the ball. Mauresmo looks like she is tossing it less than a foot inside the court. Most pros toss deeper inside the court, don't they?

Comment

Originally posted by maverick1
          One of the things I have wanted to know was how far into the court pros toss the ball. Mauresmo looks like she is tossing it less than a foot inside the court. Most pros toss deeper inside the court, don't they?
          Check out these clips of Mauresmo, Federer, Roddick, Sampras, and Safin, and you tell me.

If you examine the frame one frame before contact you can make some kind of determination. Unfortunately, the camera angles aren't the exact same and so an exact comparison is hard to come by. However, looking at these clips, it seems that Safin tosses it furthest into the court, followed by Roddick Sampras, Mauresmo, and then Federer--however these "differences" are a matter of degree. But what is unclear is if there are actually differences, hence the quotation marks. Again, the camera angles aren't the same and these "differences" may just be an optical illusion.
          Last edited by lukman41985; 12-29-2006, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7638 users online. 5 members and 7633 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X