Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

It's that time of year again. The Christmas and New Year's Holidays. I have never been a person to be recognized as a cheerful yuletide participant but...

I did want to say Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all the Forum posters. You guys always enlighten and engage me and many others. Thank you for sharing your lives and your teaching minds with the rest of us. I am eternally grateful for this website and for this forum.

As amazed as I am with the content and quality of this website I am even more amazed that not every single tennis player and coach is on this site.

Wishing you and your loved ones a safe, happy and healthy Christmas and New Year. Thank you for your contributions of yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Kyle -

Well said, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's to everyone.

SeanO

Comment

I would like to echo the sentiments of the two gentlemen above. God Jul and Gott Nytt År!!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!! Thank you all for your participation here on the forum and for sharing your knowledge and ideas. Celebrated the Christmas here last night with my Swedish family here in Sweden. It's a different experience. There was a new addition...a three month old baby girl named Holly. I held her for the first time. A little precious baby. How appropriate. It fill me with the Christmas spirit and reminded me what this Holiday is all about in the very essence of spiritual sense. The little baby reminded me. She taught me something. She really captured my heart! God Bless all of my friends here and your loved ones. From my heart to yours.

Thank you Kyle for your Holiday post.
      don_budge
      Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

It's 9am in the morning here on Christmas Day and I am the only one up. Once upon time, Christmas Day, when the kids were young, meant getting up at 5am. These days, with my children now 16 and 21, I will be lucky to see them surface before 1pm. How times change.

I echo everything Kyle said in his opening post. Tenniplayer is quite a player. Kyle, do you spend Christmas on the beach? I've always fancied doing that.

Merry Christmas to all on the forum!
        Last edited by stotty; 12-25-2018, 01:58 AM.
        Stotty

Comment

Merry Christmas all.

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
            There was a new addition...a three month old baby girl named Holly. I held her for the first time. A little precious baby. How appropriate. It fill me with the Christmas spirit and reminded me what this Holiday is all about in the very essence of spiritual sense. The little baby reminded me. She taught me something. She really captured my heart! God Bless all of my friends here and your loved ones. From my heart to yours.
            I forgot my shoes and my wife forgot her purse last night at her son's house. So today I went to town and did a little shopping and swung by his house to pick up our things. But I think that somehow...it was done on purpose. Mommy was holding Holly and when Holly saw me she started making faces...the cutest and most adorable faces. She actually laughed it seems. I got to hold that little baby again and this time I just melted with her in my arms. Tears were forming in my eyes with her little soft head against my cheek. The mother saw how it affected me. It affected her. The tear formed on my cheek all of the way home. I can still feel that little head against my cheek. Jesus...sweet Jesus.

don_budge
            Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Just don't ever say anything critical about her grandmother. If you do, she will remember and report you when she is 15 . Soon a cop will appear with a loaded gun and off you will go to a shelter. But if you survive that, you might be all right. Better, I'd say, never to say anything critical about the grandmother in the first place.

Comment

Merry Christmas from what used to be the land of snow, but is now sunny and warm. Mov over Kyle, Lugano is the new Boca Raton...

Comment

Best wishes to all this coming year. May you all be happy and protected.

Comment

I slept to 1 just like Stotty's children. Fabulous.

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
                      It's 9am in the morning here on Christmas Day and I am the only one up. Once upon time, Christmas Day, when the kids were young, meant getting up at 5am. These days, with my children now 16 and 21, I will be lucky to see them surface before 1pm. How times change.

I echo everything Kyle said in his opening post. Tenniplayer is quite a player. Kyle, do you spend Christmas on the beach? I've always fancied doing that.

Merry Christmas to all on the forum!
                      Yes Stotty, I did go to the beach today! Stuck my feet in the cool Atlantic ocean and felt the strong breeze of the saltwater air and the palm trees swaying all around me.
                      Merry Christmas!

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                      Boca Raton

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
                        Merry Christmas from what used to be the land of snow, but is now sunny and warm. Mov over Kyle, Lugano is the new Boca Raton...
                        All of Switzerland is beautiful. But perhaps Lugano the most beautiful by a landslide. Lugano or Boca Raton? Can't go wrong with either one. But the food, company and scenery is much better in Lugano. Merry Christmas!

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                        Boca Raton

Comment

I have been to Lugano many times years ago. My wife lived on the border of Italy and Switzerland in a place called Porto Ceresio. Every day she would cross the border to go to work in Lugano, in a jewellers called Eredi Bonaglia. She worked there for seven years. What I loved about Lugano was how clean and tidy it was, and the lake and the surrounding scenery is just amazing. I haven't been for many years now but I hope it hasn't changed. I wish my country was as well kept.

I bought my wife a 10 day trip to Florida for Christmas...Cape Coral. She is going with a friend at the end of January. What's the cost of living like there, Klacr? Is it an expensive place to eat out and what not? Is Cape Coral a nice part of Florida?
                          Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
                            I have been to Lugano many times years ago. My wife lived on the border of Italy and Switzerland in a place called Porto Ceresio. Every day she would cross the border to go to work in Lugano, in a jewellers called Eredi Bonaglia. She worked there for seven years. What I loved about Lugano was how clean and tidy it was, and the lake and the surrounding scenery is just amazing. I haven't been for many years now but I hope it hasn't changed. I wish my country was as well kept.

I bought my wife a 10 day trip to Florida for Christmas...Cape Coral. She is going with a friend at the end of January. What's the cost of living like there, Klacr? Is it an expensive place to eat out and what not? Is Cape Coral a nice part of Florida?
                            Stotty,
                            I too have experienced the wonders of Lugano. Awesome place.

Cape Coral is on the west coast of Florida. Between Naples and Fort Myers. It is cheaper to live there than say the east coast of Florida and Palm Beach County where I live. There is not as much commercial infrastructure asa there is on the east coast. Much more quiet. Have her take a day trip to Sarasota or to Naples for some shopping or sightseeing.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                            Boca Raton

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8397 users online. 6 members and 8391 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                            X