What Are Customized Racket Frames?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are Customized Racket Frames?

Let's discuss A. J. Chabria's latest article, "What Are Customized Racket Frames?"

Good article dipping the toe into the world of customization.
    The only issue with racquet customization is that once you do it...you can never go back.

I have 8 of my Head Prestige classics painted and customized to my exact specs. They are marvelous and my only concern is why I didn't do it sooner. It's a must for any serious player.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

Haha, definitely Kyle. We get so spoiled. No real disadvantages except that it takes a bit longer to properly evaluate new frames off the demo rack.

We'd love to see your painted Prestiges. I have some fun with sanding, painting, and clearcoating frames, too. I had a set of Prestiges in the "Brilliant Silver" from an auto-bodyshop, and a pair of Porsche Ossie Blau Yonex Duel Gs.

Silly paintjobs aside, and really just as impactful as mass distribution and balance....
      I'd have to say my favorite variable is to play with different handle shapes. I am currently loving my pair of customized Babolat Pure Strikes (Project ONE7s), with handles shaped just like a Rossignol F200 carbon from the mid-eighties. Rock solid on backhands and volleys.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2992 users online. 11 members and 2981 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X